Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tuning Aid for Do-It-Yourself Types  (Read 740 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Tuning Aid for Do-It-Yourself Types
« on: July 16, 2006, 09:28:44 AM »

I’ve been working on my low speed driveability issues (idle, stumble, exhaust pop, etc.), and found it helps a great deal if you can easily determine the % throttle at any particular time.  Since riding with the laptop hooked up is rather tricky, I took the opportunity during a recent rainy day to make a simple “gauge” that could be affixed to the throttle grip.  In case there is anyone else with a desire to do something similar, or are just curious about how much throttle they really are using cruising down the highway (you may be surprised), I thought I’d post this.  Beats the heck out of making marks by hand on a piece of masking tape.

Open the attached PDF file in Adobe Reader and print at 100% (no scaling), then cut out the “gauge”.  You should wind up with a strip approximately 1.5 inches long and 1/4 inch wide.  I used clear tape to secure mine to the throttle grip after finding a reference point on the switch housing.  I used a natural shadow line, but you could also make a mark with a fine point Sharpie marker as well.  This will work for any grip which is the same diameter as the stock grip on a SEEG.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Tuning Aid for Do-It-Yourself Types
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:29:40 AM »

PDF file attached:
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 03:52:26 PM »

Nice!  I took a very fine modelers paint brush and painted tiny lines at each 10% to accomplish the same.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 04:40:27 PM »

I have a hard enough time just winding my watch  [smiley=nervous.gif]

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.