Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Contour GPS HD Camera  (Read 1177 times)

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Contour GPS HD Camera
« on: March 05, 2012, 07:52:15 PM »

Anyone have one and what do you think? I am torn between this camera and the GoPro Hero 2.

They are both similar but I like the idea of the GPS and being able to track your location and speed. Also connecting with the bluetooth is nice too. I got the Iphone 4S so i can plug it into the ipod harness for charging and now to control the camera via a free APP sounds nice too.

Any feedback on this camera would be appreciated. I know there are a few members that are very happy with the GoPro2 so lets hear about the Contour.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
Re: Contour GPS HD Camera
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:57:55 PM »

I have the Contour Plus. It's a little more spendy but the quality is excellent. Just started using it and have the 4S as well. As you are watching the video the gps is showing where you are at on a sidebar next to the video. Once I get her going and shoot more video I will post.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 07:58:40 AM »

I have the Contour Plus. It's a little more spendy but the quality is excellent. Just started using it and have the 4S as well. As you are watching the video the gps is showing where you are at on a sidebar next to the video. Once I get her going and shoot more video I will post.

Thank you Skillet.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »

One thing to be careful with. While riding and you decide to pull the lens cover and start shooting pull the cover straight off and not with any twisting motion. I have accidently turned the lens and shot video upside down. It can be corrected but something to look out for.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 05:47:37 PM »

One thing to be careful with. While riding and you decide to pull the lens cover and start shooting pull the cover straight off and not with any twisting motion. I have accidently turned the lens and shot video upside down. It can be corrected but something to look out for.

ok, :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.