Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 CUSE7 with Legend Air and Progressive Monotube Shocks  (Read 804 times)

sjrcvo

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Ultra
2012 CUSE7 with Legend Air and Progressive Monotube Shocks
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »

Has anyone installed the Legend Air FL-108 with the Progressive 31-2500 Standard Height Monotube shocks on their bike? I would like some feedback on likes/dislikes for that combination setup. My best option for the back is the Legend Air due to having a short inseam and not being flat footed with even  a 1" lower front and rear. I'm trying to decide what to do for the front and the Traxxion AK-20 is just too costly at this point.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: 2012 CUSE7 with Legend Air and Progressive Monotube Shocks
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:48:29 AM »

I have an '08 CUSE3 with the PS 31-2501 lowered monotubes (your choice of 1" or 2" inch lowering when installing; I went with 1" lower) and Works Performance 12" Steel Tracker DRS and ARS (dual rate springs + Adjustable Rate Suspension) rear shocks.  I like it a lot; the PS monotubes are a HUGE improvement over the H-D suspension.  I've never had the Traxxion AK-20, but many people say it's the best (although many say the PS is nearly as good for much less $$).  Also haven't had the Legends, but Midnight Rider swears by them.

According to the wrench, the H-D front lowering kit drops it 3/4", while the PS -1" is an actual inch.  BTW, the PS people told me you can run the std-height kit without the top-out springs and it will lower the bike about 3/4".

Works Perf. builds the shocks to spec based on your & BSR's weight, per cent of time riding 2-up, and bike's weight, and with ARS, it's really easy to adjust to your liking.

HTT

http://worksperformance.com/html/street.html
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:16:03 PM by DoubleCoppers »
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.