Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 FLHXSE2 Aftermarket Amp Install  (Read 1424 times)

Kern

• Junior CVO Member
2011 FLHXSE2 Aftermarket Amp Install
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:46:39 AM »

Trying to find some help and information from people here who have installed any aftermarket amp and speakers on their 2011.

I'm looking at replacing mine with the J&M Rokker speakers (upper and lower), leaving the tweeters and putting in the 500w amp. I know there is some dissection of the harness/plugs in order to do this.

How hard is the install? Anyone have the wiring diagrams or step by steps to follow?

Any help and insight is greatly appreciated.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: 2011 FLHXSE2 Aftermarket Amp Install
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:01:26 AM »

If you like JM products, I saw on You Tube a really cool video on their 500 w  amp install.  Very straight forward and very godd. Probably the best way to see what has to be done. Looked pretty easy,,  all plug n play too.

Kern

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:30:58 AM »

If you like JM products, I saw on You Tube a really cool video on their 500 w  amp install.  Very straight forward and very godd. Probably the best way to see what has to be done. Looked pretty easy,,  all plug n play too.

I've watched that one. Very informative.

Unfortunately that is a standard Street Glide. The install for the CVO is much more complex due to how the wiring harnesses are setup with the amp from the factory. That's why I'm trying to find some type of diagram or tutorial on how to do it.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:36:57 AM »

I see..   Yes you are right. Might try the us at Hawg Wired     Not sure, but they might have a few ideas. I was talking to  Pete at Sounds designz.  He mention about Arc audio amp that would fit in the fairing and Focal speakers in the fairing and the lowers.   It's almost like starting from the beginning, but he swears it's an amazing system.  It was about 1500 to do all that and he says it's' fantastic. they will be in Daytona next month,, I'm gonna check it out. 

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.