Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rear reflector  (Read 978 times)

bokat96

• Junior CVO Member
Rear reflector
« on: April 06, 2012, 03:28:49 PM »

Ok got all the powder coat back and other misc parts....garage day tomorrow. What is the best way to remove the rear ugly a$$ reflecter from above the license plate light?

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
Re: Rear reflector
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »

The frame around mine was plastic, a pair of side cutters worked very well.........
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 06:03:51 PM »

Take the tail light off and it comes right off. It's seperate from the light seal.
RETIRED! :fireman:

bokat96

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »

Perfect hadn't looked at it too much yet..hopefully the license plate light comes off without a hitch

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »

The shop manual says to remove the rear wheel first. There are two nuts inside the rear fender. I believe the top nut and bold are what holds the reflector in place. The picture in the manual looks like you only have to loosen the top nut and then slide the reflector off to one side or the other. I don't know for sure because I am relying on my foggy memory since I don't have the book right in front of me.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »

You do not have to remove the rear wheel! There is a nut holding the inside cover on, remove that and unplug the wire connector, remove license plate and under there are two bolts, remove those and the whole assembly will come off the fender. The trickiest part is the wire connector is attached to a T-stud and needs to be slid off that before pulling it through the fender. The reflector has a ring that goes around the bracket, slide it off and you're done and bolt it all back together. It should take 10 minutes, tops.
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 26 queries.