Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Tragedy  (Read 3224 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Tragedy
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2012, 10:47:16 AM »

This is the major reason I have added headlight modulators to both of my recent CVO's.  I also plan on installing one on my boardtrack racer just for added visibility.

I get a lot of looks and I'm sure some think I'm a bike cop.  I've had people on the freeway pull over from the fast lane when I was behind them.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2012, 11:35:23 AM »

Sad event.

Picking some age to resume testing for ability to drive would be a giant can of worms to open up.  Testing EVERYONE every few years might not be a bad idea, but the costs to local government would be prohibitive unless they passed the cost on to the driver's license fee.  Never happen.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Sandmantx96

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »

Id like to upgrade to a LED headlight and add a light modulator along with making my rear turn signals running lights but my FXR3....everything is obsolete.....people need to wake up.....

Take a moment for another Fallen Comrad, Rider Down.

Sandmantx96

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »

I agree 100% :2vrolijk_21: Its along the same lines; distraction, imparement....sleepy, drunk/buzed, on the phone.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2012, 03:13:49 PM »

Sad....very sad.

About 5 or 6 years ago my wife and I were at a HOG rally in Regina, Saskatchewan and as we were riding back to our hotel when we witnessed a rider on a crotch rocket die as a result of a nearly identical situation. A car turned left directly in front of him and he hit the front right of the car then flew head first into the windshield and died instantly. The rider was going through a green light and wasn't speeding. The person who turned in front of him was a young lady talking on her cell phone. We later found out the rider was 33 years old and left behind a wife and three young children.

Maybe it's time society started treating cell phone use or texting while driving with the same seriousness we treat drunk driving.   

I agree 100%, but, it's not gonna happen.  We don't all drive drunk, but we all talk on the cell phone and eat fast food, etc. while driving.  And the legislators that would vote on the bills/laws are the worse offenders.  Not gonna happen.  You're example is becoming more and more the rule as opposed to the exception.  It only hurts when it's your turn to hit the car so no one gets to bent out of shape about this.  :( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2012, 03:31:34 PM »

So sorry to hear of the loss of yet another motorcyclist.  There by the grace of God go every one of us.  Prayers for William's recovery and healing of his heart for the loss of his mate.  RIP Joanne.

Take nothing for granted and we won't be surprised.  Take care out there friends.   
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.