Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fullsac power cores, header pipe, tuner and MPG?  (Read 1791 times)

Bearcat1

• Full CVO Member
  • "I fly on the wings of Red Eagle"
Fullsac power cores, header pipe, tuner and MPG?
« on: March 27, 2012, 05:00:45 PM »

Can anyone comment on how their MPG with regards to their stock 110 has been affected after installing Fullsac muffler cores, header pipe without the cat and a tuner?  Thanks!

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: Fullsac power cores, header pipe, tuner and MPG?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »

Picked up a couple mpg on this set up.  And ran alot cooler.

100HP

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »

Have  the Fullsac x pipe, 2.25 muffler cores and SERT with Woods TW555 cams. 101hp, 115tq, 42 mpg.  2011 FLHXSE2.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 05:59:51 PM »

Can anyone comment on how their MPG with regards to their stock 110 has been affected after installing Fullsac muffler cores, header pipe without the cat and a tuner?  Thanks!

I have an '09 SERG with 2" and the TTS Master Tune canned map from Fullsac.

I had an '08 SERK with PCIII and V&H Dresser Dual with their Oval mufflers.  That bike ran well, but only got in the mid to high 30's for mpg.

On my '09 riding mostly two up, and we're not light weights, I get in the mid to high 40's with the Fullsac Stage I package.  Also I cut open my header and air chiseled out my CAT and re-welded the cover back on.  It sounds great and I can hear my tunes at freeway speeds without any issues.  My wife says it's not loud enough, but I think it's just right.

I really cannot complain about performance, smoothness of power and mileage.  I do have a 30T and belt to install, but I'm not sure how or what I'll end up doing.  I do know that the 30T will get on this summer some how.  It will be a big improvement in seat of the pants dyno and it may even help the mpg's a bit because of less lugging at around 60 mph that we normally ride at.

Hope I did not get distracted on you and not answer your original questions.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Bearcat1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 09:51:30 PM »

Nah, not at all.  All good stuff.  I am about to install the Fullsac muffler cores, header pipe and PV tuner.  Just wondering what it may do to my MPG.

I have an '09 SERG with 2" and the TTS Master Tune canned map from Fullsac.

I had an '08 SERK with PCIII and V&H Dresser Dual with their Oval mufflers.  That bike ran well, but only got in the mid to high 30's for mpg.

On my '09 riding mostly two up, and we're not light weights, I get in the mid to high 40's with the Fullsac Stage I package.  Also I cut open my header and air chiseled out my CAT and re-welded the cover back on.  It sounds great and I can hear my tunes at freeway speeds without any issues.  My wife says it's not loud enough, but I think it's just right.

I really cannot complain about performance, smoothness of power and mileage.  I do have a 30T and belt to install, but I'm not sure how or what I'll end up doing.  I do know that the 30T will get on this summer some how.  It will be a big improvement in seat of the pants dyno and it may even help the mpg's a bit because of less lugging at around 60 mph that we normally ride at.

Hope I did not get distracted on you and not answer your original questions.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:59 PM »

its the wierdest thing,,  the odometer reads 50 miles to empty and the gauge reads very low..   when i go fill it up it takes only 4 gallons     i dont get that at all... i still have 2 gallons left and it reads like its almost empty.     am i doing something wrong???   i have  andrews 54h   tts  and the fulsac exhaust with 2" cores..  :nixweiss:     i think im getting like 36-38 mpg,    but thats at mostly highway riding   75 or above.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:32:01 AM by cvostu »

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »

The first couple of tanks your mileage will not be very good.
You be having to much fun twisten the throttle, listen to that sweet Fullsac sound.  :2vrolijk_21:
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 10:41:26 PM »

Sounds great.  :2vrolijk_21:

Alremc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 11:06:33 PM »

If you are easy on the throttle, MPGs will increase. BUT it is way too difficult to NOT pull that throttle around!!  :huepfenlol2:
Frank
2012 CVO Ultra Classic
Fullsac X-Pipe
Rhineharts 4 in Cans in black
TTS MasterTune

Bearcat1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 03:11:16 PM »

If you are easy on the throttle, MPGs will increase. BUT it is way too difficult to NOT pull that throttle around!!  :huepfenlol2:

Yeah, that's what I am afraid of!

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 11:10:19 AM »

If you are easy on the throttle, MPGs will increase. BUT it is way too difficult to NOT pull that throttle around!!  :huepfenlol2:

You nailed it.

If you cruise at 70, milage actually will increase.The motor is more efficient with proper tuning and all the restrictions of the stock exhaust removed.
But if you start pulling hills at 90 two up just because now you can, it will drop to 30 real quick.  :2vrolijk_21:

SG
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »

its the wierdest thing,,  the odometer reads 50 miles to empty and the gauge reads very low..   when i go fill it up it takes only 4 gallons     i dont get that at all... i still have 2 gallons left and it reads like its almost empty.     am i doing something wrong???   i have  andrews 54h   tts  and the fulsac exhaust with 2" cores..  :nixweiss:     i think im getting like 36-38 mpg,    but thats at mostly highway riding   75 or above.

Stuart...my gauge has been on dead empty long before I actually need gas, so I basically don't pay any attention to it.  I go by my odometer and if necessary, the light that comes on when you are actually below 1 gal remaining.  I usually have to stop long before I'm about to run out of gas anyway, so it really doens't matter, 'cause I usually just make my stops at gas stations.  Empty the bladder, then fill the tank.  The tank on my '11 is VERY difficult to get completely full...you really have to trickle the fuel in the last gallon or more.  Piss poor fill design.

I get as much as 44 mpg two up when running 65-70 mph.  Over 85mph...drops down into the mid to high 30's, and worse if I'm really getting on it.  85 mph seems to be the cutoff point for decent fuel economy, with 65-70 being about optimal.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Bearcat1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »

Stuart...my gauge has been on dead empty long before I actually need gas, so I basically don't pay any attention to it.  I go by my odometer and if necessary, the light that comes on when you are actually below 1 gal remaining.  I usually have to stop long before I'm about to run out of gas anyway, so it really doens't matter, 'cause I usually just make my stops at gas stations.  Empty the bladder, then fill the tank.  The tank on my '11 is VERY difficult to get completely full...you really have to trickle the fuel in the last gallon or more.  Piss poor fill design.

I get as much as 44 mpg two up when running 65-70 mph.  Over 85mph...drops down into the mid to high 30's, and worse if I'm really getting on it.  85 mph seems to be the cutoff point for decent fuel economy, with 65-70 being about optimal.

Good stuff guys.

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.