Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: suggestions for new owner of 2003 FLHRSEI2 road king..  (Read 702 times)

tightlines4all

suggestions for new owner of 2003 FLHRSEI2 road king..
« on: April 20, 2012, 11:13:12 AM »

Just bought a 2003 FLHRSEI2 road king..for those long trips..It has a high flow air filter, V&H duals, but the rest is stock..I am getting the cam tensioner upgraded and the oil pump..SE kit..figured I should also replace the cam while apart...Few questions folks..what would be the cam for me? chain or gear?..I drive probably 60/40 highway/city..Should I replace the lifters and springs?..recommended push rods? Anything else you knowledgeable folks can help point me to would be greatly appreciated..Thank
 Have done lots of reading ...? would a 575 gear driven be a good bolt in ? anything else
i should do?  lots of knowllegeable folks here..great site

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: suggestions for new owner of 2003 FLHRSEI2 road king..
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 11:32:43 AM »

Just bought a 2003 FLHRSEI2 road king..for those long trips..It has a high flow air filter, V&H duals, but the rest is stock..I am getting the cam tensioner upgraded and the oil pump..SE kit..figured I should also replace the cam while apart...Few questions folks..what would be the cam for me? chain or gear?..I drive probably 60/40 highway/city..Should I replace the lifters and springs?..recommended push rods? Anything else you knowledgeable folks can help point me to would be greatly appreciated..Thank
 Have done lots of reading ...? would a 575 gear driven be a good bolt in ? anything else
i should do?  lots of knowllegeable folks here..great site
Worked for me and I'm happy with it. See my signature for the other mods I did when upgrading the cams.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

99fatboy

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:38:23 PM »

2003 was the first year Harley went to the less supportive crank bearing. Make sur the person doing the work checks your run out so a gear driven cam will work with out tight spots. There is a more technical way to describe what I'm saying, just ask about my comment befor making the trade out.

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »

I have a set-up very similar to d00d's (SE slip-ons instead of Reinharts) and am very happy with how it runs.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.