Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 Ride Position: A Little Scrunched  (Read 1147 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
2012 Ride Position: A Little Scrunched
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:00 AM »

Is it just me or are the floorboards higher in comparison to the seat on the 2012 FLHXSE3 than the 2008 FLHX?  It feels like the floorboards are 2" higher and gives me more of a squatting or scrunched riding position.  Tried to adjust the floorboards:  not an adjustment.  Has anyone noticed this or is this just something that I will get use to?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:36:38 AM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
Re: 2012 Ride Position: A Little Scrunched
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »

I noticed the same thing going from the old frame to the new frame. Also, the seat is a lower profile. It does take a little getting used to. I went with a Corbin Classic Solo to put me a little back in the saddle which helped. Get some highway pegs if you haven't already. Just put some miles on her and you'll never look back.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:51:03 AM by PASN YU »
Trust, but verify.

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:56:59 AM »

Your seat is much lower on the 2012, thus bring the floorboards closer.

jcd520

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:34:10 AM »

Deeper seat, -------------I took my board inserts off and cut the rubber bubbles off flush with the bottom of the inserts and siliconed them back on to the pans---- that lowers your feet by at least 3/4 of an inch or more----makes a hell of a difference for me. Also I use a mustang sport touring seat which sets you up and forward a little. I am 6'3" so it really makes a big difference in hip joint to knee joint relationship when riding all day.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

Deeper seat, -------------I took my board inserts off and cut the rubber bubbles off flush with the bottom of the inserts and siliconed them back on to the pans---- that lowers your feet by at least 3/4 of an inch or more----makes a hell of a difference for me. Also I use a mustang sport touring seat which sets you up and forward a little. I am 6'3" so it really makes a big difference in hip joint to knee joint relationship when riding all day.

Mustang seat really helped for me too.  It is just not as sleek looking though as the factory low profile seat.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

jcd520

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 10:08:09 AM »

Heres mine----------------Maybe doesn't look quite as "sporty" as the stocker but I will take comfort over looks in this case. Nobody notices when  your flying down the  highway anyway.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 01:32:29 AM »

It looks like I could lower my boards about an inch before it starts to get into the faring lowers.  Does anyone make a lowering bracket for the 2012?  It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to lower them about an inch and maybe bring them out about 3/4 inch.
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 07:20:14 AM »

I have tried floorboard extenders and found that I would hit hard parts (floorboard brackets) before I hit the warning bell (the floorboards themselves) when in a good turn and the lean angle was severely reduced. It was bad enough that I removed the extenders. I know this isn't lowering the floorboards but it's essentially changing that lean angle. I don't know how you ride but I wouldn't advise it.
Trust, but verify.

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 25 queries.