Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Installing Mounting Brackets for Full Tour Pak om FLHRSEI2  (Read 811 times)

Dead_Reckoning

• Elite CVO Member
  • 03 SERK

I just enjoyed a fun filled afternoon.
I thought it was a piece of cake to install the mounting points for a full tour pak on my FLHRSEI2.

Turn out the two mounting bolts for the Saddlebag Filler strip are Torx.
My Torx sockets were too long to fit into the bolt heads inside the Filler Strip and would not fit through the Access Hole.
Torx drivers would fitthrough hole, but I couldn't get enough torque on iy yo break the bolts loose.

Went over to see a friend andturns out he had ground down a set of Torx sockets for just such and occassion.
Short enough to fit in the filler strip and then into the torx bolt.

After that pretty smooth sailing. Minor bump was easier with two peeps to aligh the bolts for the TP Mounting Bracket,Sissybar mounting bracket and saddlebag mounting bracket. it takes a wee bit of convincing to get all three holes for the bolts to align.

Anyway, ready to mount the Full TP now.

DR
Government is best which governs least.

Power Commander 3 Tuner
Doherty Power PACC with K&N Air Filter
Screamin' Eagle® Hydraulic Cam Chain Tensioner and High-Flow Oil Pump
Headwinds 2" Bullet Passing Lights 50w'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Re: Installing Mounting Brackets for Full Tour Pak om FLHRSEI2
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »

The phrase "Good Old American Ingenuity" is a reality.  Give us duct tape and bailing wire, and we can fix anything.

Unfortunately, GOA Ingenuity is a necessity due to another reality:  Good Old American Poor Quality thanks to poor engineering and manufacturing, outsourcing jobs, cutting corners, and cost cutting so the MoCo can keep increasing profits at the expense of its customers and product quality.  :soapbox:

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.