Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: engine check light, problems?  (Read 803 times)

Stormer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
engine check light, problems?
« on: August 07, 2006, 11:47:35 PM »

when ignition switch is turned, the engine lite and security key lite come on and then go out, starting today my engine lite comes back for a second time  for about 5 seconds and goes out again, didnt used to do this, however chip , air cleaner and pipes were just installed, and dynoed runs great but whats this engines light coming back on for a second time? download did it? any help would be appreciated.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
Re: engine check light, problems?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 12:18:35 AM »

when ignition switch is turned, the engine lite and security key lite come on and then go out, starting today my engine lite comes back for a second time

Stormer

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 08:41:56 AM »

could this code have been triggered by running out of fuel? i noticed this right after filling up. and yes i ran completely out however i coasted into a station, luck of the irish i guess.
thanks.
p.s. can i clear this code myself? bike is a 2003 serk.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 11:59:13 AM »

could this code have been triggered by running out of fuel? i noticed this right after filling up. and yes i ran completely out however i coasted into a station, luck of the irish i guess.
thanks.
p.s. can i clear this code myself? bike is a 2003 serk.
xocyber,

Running out of fuel could cause a no combustion or misfire code, assuming the '03 is similar to the '04 and later system.  Try removing power from the ECM for a few minutes (pull the ECM fuse, or just remove the battery negative cable) to see if that will clear the code.  Older cars and bikes could be cleared that way, since they used volatile memory and required power at all times.  If not, then a scan tool would be needed to clear the code, or eventually it will clear itself after about 50 start and run cycles.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.