Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Arlen Ness Slam Kit on FLHTCUSE6  (Read 2531 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Arlen Ness Slam Kit on FLHTCUSE6: REPORT AFTER TEST RIDE
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »

Report on the slam kit:

Bike rides fine, handles well in turns, lower center of gravity, easier to hold up, no floorboard grinding even in tight turns.  (I went pretty low too.)  Bumps felt fine, seemed like the shock compressed a bit more.

On my "03 (lowered front and rear) I got used to it feeling like it hit the bottom travel point and it could be jarring.  Current bike with the stock ultra shock it felt fine and I had to hit a big short sharp dip for me to even feel the difference from unlowered.  Bumpy railroad tracks felt fine.

I like the feel of lower center of gravity, it feels more controllable in turns and stops.  I'm amazed that I felt so much of a difference from one inch of lowering.

All in all I am happy with this lowering kit.  I would like to hear from more who try this as far as how it worked out on their bikes. 

Rider, oh man you were right I LOVE the J&S jack!  This thing is rock solid and I easily rotated my bike for a faster exit.  Moves around like it's floating.  A little push/pull on the engine guard is all it takes.  ZERO sway or flex.  Oh yeah if your garage floor is not perfectly level it will start to roll on it's own.  Screw down the rubber tipped stop feet since just leaning on it could send it across the garage.  Best jack I ever had.  Makes the cheapo "red" jacks seem like toys.Sledge

Glad to hear you're happy with it...it's a great investment.  Mine stays on it 90% of the time, just so I can roll the bike to the center of the parking area in my basement and get the bike out of the way.  When I want to ride, just pull it, spin it around, let it down, and go.  Just make sure you get in the habit of leaving the kickstand down 100% of the time.  Makes cleaning the bike out in the driveway 100 times easier too!  :2vrolijk_21:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Re: Arlen Ness Slam Kit on FLHTCUSE6: REPORT AFTER TEST RIDE
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2012, 02:49:20 PM »

Report on the slam kit:

Bike rides fine, handles well in turns, lower center of gravity, easier to hold up, no floorboard grinding even in tight turns.  (I went pretty low too.)  Bumps felt fine, seemed like the shock compressed a bit more.

On my "03 (lowered front and rear) I got used to it feeling like it hit the bottom travel point and it could be jarring.  Current bike with the stock ultra shock it felt fine and I had to hit a big short sharp dip for me to even feel the difference from unlowered.  Bumpy railroad tracks felt fine.

I like the feel of lower center of gravity, it feels more controllable in turns and stops.  I'm amazed that I felt so much of a difference from one inch of lowering.

All in all I am happy with this lowering kit.  I would like to hear from more who try this as far as how it worked out on their bikes. 

Rider, oh man you were right I LOVE the J&S jack!  This thing is rock solid and I easily rotated my bike for a faster exit.  Moves around like it's floating.  A little push/pull on the engine guard is all it takes.  ZERO sway or flex.  Oh yeah if your garage floor is not perfectly level it will start to roll on it's own.  Screw down the rubber tipped stop feet since just leaning on it could send it across the garage.  Best jack I ever had.  Makes the cheapo "red" jacks seem like toys.

Sledge

I've been using the Pitbull Lift for seven years and feel the same way.  Rock solid!  But, if I'm doing a lot of maintenance, tires, engine and will be having to torque bolts, I still feel more comfortable using straps to secure it to the lift.  Just one on each side.  Mostly it's just a mental thing, because if an 800 lb plus piece of machinery loses balance, it's coming down.  Then it would be best to just get outta the way.  The real trick for best stability is finding the sweet spot where it is perfectly balanced from front to back.  Once there, it's not going anywhere. 

My neighbor is ordering the J&S because it's a hundred bucks less.  So we'll be able to do a nuts and bolts comparison.  From what I've read, I believe they're pretty close in quality and construction. 

I like the lowering project...nice!  Thanks for the play-by-play.  Well done.  By the way, I have the Brukus Saddle Bag Secure bolts on my Ultra - a great investment for a little peace of mind. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.