Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Check your garage door eyes!  (Read 721 times)

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Check your garage door eyes!
« on: June 04, 2012, 09:28:33 PM »

This afternoon I backed the bike halfway ( I have a sloping driveway) out of the garage to let it warm up and and then set a helmet down on the bench on top of a towel...apparently with a garage door remote under the towel...and sent the door on it's downward route. Luckily, I ran over and stuck my foot in the beam and averted possible disaster. The beam sees right under the frame...I'm moving it up a few inches so it won't do that again.

I know that's a bad spot to leave the bike, but, with an exposed aggregate sloping driveway...I don't have much choice.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

hogasm

Re: Check your garage door eyes!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:36 PM »

A few years ago I had my boat partially out of the garage so I could change the oil in the motors, when all I heard was  loud crash. The pin holding the 12' door to the opener sheared and the door slammed on the bow of the boat.....nothing a few thousand in fiberglass repairs couldn't take care of  :soapbox:

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
Re: Check your garage door eyes!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »

Wow! I got one for you! When I got married and got my first house I was sitting in my finished basement watching TV and heard a loud commotion in my single car garage. I jumped up opened the door and all was quiet? I looked all around bike FXR in the middle and all was OK. Then I see one of my garage door springs laying on the floor with some cable! The cable broke and sent the spring flying every where except my bike! I thanked god my bike was OK and then that I was not in there cause I surely would have been hit! I saw my dad knocked off a ladder by a 4"dia 3 foot long one for a large double door when I was a kid. He was lucky and only got a giant bruise from it. I know now they put a cable Thur the spring to minimize a failure now days. Glad your toys made it thru ok!!!!    FACE
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.