Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 FLHTCU4SE Rear Pulley Rubbing Swing Arm after Küryakyn Hitch Install  (Read 1284 times)

CookieCVO

• My Ride

I have an issue,  I own a 2009 FLHTCU4SE 110 with the new wide rear tire.  Bike has 3300 miles on it.

I installed the Küryakyn trailer hitch and now have a pulley rub on the front of the swing arm.  Tonight I am going to take the Hitch back off and see it the issue stops, but have not heard of any other forum about this.

It's only when the suspension compresses does it rub.  I loosened up the axle and adjusted the belt and still have the issue.  It's driving me crazy!  :nixweiss:

Randi

2009 FLHTCUSE4
A Work in Progress~~~~

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)

Sorry can't help with your problem, some member on here will be able to! Welcome to the site from Tennessee!
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

I’ve seen an issue like this, but I don’t clearly remember the specific circumstances. As I remember it, the hitch was installed on the wrong side of a brace, and a review of the instruction sheet uncovered the problem. Take another look at the instructions before you remove the hitch and see if that doesn’t clear things up.

CookieCVO

• My Ride

I’ve seen an issue like this, but I don’t clearly remember the specific circumstances. As I remember it, the hitch was installed on the wrong side of a brace, and a review of the instruction sheet uncovered the problem. Take another look at the instructions before you remove the hitch and see if that doesn’t clear things up.

Thanks, I will review the data.  I am surprised as the brace only fits on the one side.  Going into more detail this weekend....  Have to get this figured out as I am heading to Sturgis the week before the actual "week of"....

Thanks sweetie!!!!!!   :2vrolijk_21:
2009 FLHTCUSE4
A Work in Progress~~~~

CookieCVO

• My Ride

Thanks, I will review the data.  I am surprised as the brace only fits on the one side.  Going into more detail this weekend....  Have to get this figured out as I am heading to Sturgis the week before the actual "week of"....

Thanks sweetie!!!!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

This weekend I took the hitch off and reviewed the instructions one more time and It seems the stamped plates were on backwards.  When I reviewed the install once again, there is a note stating "Tabs Down."  Well the blond thing kicked in and I put the tabs up.  da~~~~

Reinstalled and all is well.  One thing I did notice was the axle nut was loose too...  Not sure with this new rubber drive system the factory tightened correctly.  But with that tight and the axle & belt re-adjusted, all is well~~~~ :orange:

Thanks for the advise~~~~~~~~~~!

Randi :drink:
2009 FLHTCUSE4
A Work in Progress~~~~

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8

This weekend I took the hitch off and reviewed the instructions one more time and It seems the stamped plates were on backwards.  When I reviewed the install once again, there is a note stating "Tabs Down."  Well the blond thing kicked in and I put the tabs up.  da~~~~

Reinstalled and all is well.  One thing I did notice was the axle nut was loose too...  Not sure with this new rubber drive system the factory tightened correctly.  But with that tight and the axle & belt re-adjusted, all is well~~~~ :orange:

Thanks for the advise~~~~~~~~~~!

When are you going to post some pictures of that beautiful scooter?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

This weekend I took the hitch off and reviewed the instructions one more time and It seems the stamped plates were on backwards.  When I reviewed the install once again, there is a note stating "Tabs Down."  Well the blond thing kicked in and I put the tabs up.  da~~~~...

This kind of mistake isn’t necessarily an issue exclusive to blonds. I learned of this problem from a redhead friend who is a career auto and heavy equipment technician. He installed two of these hitches incorrectly; one on his machine and one on a friend’s.

There are a couple of ways to look at this:
1. Experience is what you get when you expected something else.
2. A person that doesn’t make mistakes doesn’t make anything of much value.

:2vrolijk_21:

CookieCVO

• My Ride

When are you going to post some pictures of that beautiful scooter?

I need to get some more photos.  Most of the time I am working and get to rider it to work and then to work again for my evening job.  I promise to get some photos SOON~~~!!!! :smilie_staub:
2009 FLHTCUSE4
A Work in Progress~~~~

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.