Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The 4 cornes of USA ride  (Read 2073 times)

evebradan

The 4 cornes of USA ride
« on: June 18, 2012, 08:04:43 AM »

Just was wondering if anyone from this group has done the 4 cornes of the USA and what was that experience like.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: The 4 cornes of USA ride
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 08:10:09 AM »

I would try and incorporate it into a ride, not just a destination

Marty
"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 08:24:37 AM »

If you're talking about the physical four corners itself, as Marty suggested, incorporate it in a ride to someplace else.

If you're referring to the four corners area (Monument Valley, Utah and southwest Colorado), it's in a number of ride reports on this forum.  The most recent being the one that we just returned from......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=74330.0 

You might try the seach feature for the rest of them.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 08:42:26 AM »

It's in my bucket list....

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 09:23:35 AM »

you guys gotta think bigger.....

4 corners ride is the 4 corners of the country

http://www.usa4corners.org/main.htm

U.S.A. Four Corners Tour

The Four Corners rules are simple; you have 21 days to ride your motorcycle to these four corner cities of the United States; San Ysidro, CA Blaine, WA Madawaska, ME and Key West, FL. You may visit the four corners in any sequence and by any route that you desire. You do not have to return to the first corner to finish the event.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »

Havent' yet, but just checked out the website and have put it on my list. Alaska is next summer.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

fxd-tim

• EZ Moto Tim
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »

Yes, I did it in 2007 and had a great time. I did it in 16-1/2 days, so there is no hurry. Just ride about 500 miles a day.

Here's my report. http://usafourcorners.fxd-tim.com

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »

you guys gotta think bigger.....

4 corners ride is the 4 corners of the country

http://www.usa4corners.org/main.htm

U.S.A. Four Corners Tour

The Four Corners rules are simple; you have 21 days to ride your motorcycle to these four corner cities of the United States; San Ysidro, CA Blaine, WA Madawaska, ME and Key West, FL. You may visit the four corners in any sequence and by any route that you desire. You do not have to return to the first corner to finish the event.

That's gotta be a marketing gimmick designed by the MoCo just to get riders to wear out parts and need more service (much like their idea for HOG).  That's certainly not going to allow you enough time to see or do anything other than wear your motorcycle out.  I'm already an expert at that. :nervous:  I mean it wore me out. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

evebradan

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 04:17:20 PM »

I have gone to the website USA 4 Cornes and have read the bogs of people that have completed the 4 cornes pretty mush everyone has a good time doing it you have to remember it is more of a challenge. The moco has nothing to do with this ride and from what I have read there are more BMW and GW bike's going the ride. 

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 04:27:56 PM »

It's in my bucket list....
joeybones tells me he plans to do it maybe next year.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

evebradan

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »

Yes, I did it in 2007 and had a great time. I did it in 16-1/2 days, so there is no hurry. Just ride about 500 miles a day.

Here's my report. http://usafourcorners.fxd-tim.com

Tim I read your story of the trip very well documented and inspiring I will be doing the 4 Cornes 2013 around the end of May thanks again for your story.

fxd-tim

• EZ Moto Tim
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 10:37:28 AM »

Tim I read your story of the trip very well documented and inspiring I will be doing the 4 Corners 2013 around the end of May thanks again for your story.

You're welcome,

Also, there is a meet-and-greet and dinner every year, usually in February, in southern California for all who have completed the ride (any year). Plan to attend that as well. When I went I met a guy who was in his mid-70's and had done the ride 13 times! Take your scrap book to the meet-and-greet and swap stories. It's just a fun time.

Planning the route and the dates is also lots of fun. The South and Southwest will be hot and the North will be chilly. It's not easy to strike a balance. The ride is easy to do and doesn't have the tight deadlines of an Iron Butt ride.

A friend went the year after I did. She rode a Sportster trike and dragged a trailer. She did a "Z" route - Madawaska, Key West, Blaine, San Ysidro. then she went to Michigan for "Women on Wheels" convention. If you have that kind of time you can see a lot of the country.

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.