Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: NIM will not work  (Read 4566 times)

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
Re: NIM will not work
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2012, 06:45:16 AM »

The picture you posted helped a LOT.
If you notice the connection that is resting between your index and middle finger it is not filly pinned with CAN + and CAN -, nor are those signals pinned on J28 (the 35 position connector) of the radio.

I'm assuming, of course, that the wrapped side of that connection is coming from the main harness on the bike.

What is interesting is I'm not sure what the wires that ARE pinned on the bike harness side are for. In general, bikes with the new 100w/ch audio system do not have the 6B ineterconnect harness, so I'm not sure what that DT-06 connector is supplying. I wouldn't trust that it is wired as a 6B and missing the CAN signals only.

More than likeley you'll need to create a fully populated 6B in order for the iPod and NIM to function.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 06:52:19 AM by TIF2 »
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »

These are the instructions for using the 69200033 harness with the NIM/iPod if your bike doesn't already have an Ultra audio harness or non-Ultra Overlay Harness--which your bike doesn't based on the picture of the connector at the 35 pin out of the HK:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J05181.pdf

You'll note that under "Installation" step 3, you are to insert two wires into the 6B connector already on your bike.  Based on the picture, those wires were not inserted, and those wires supply the CAN + and - so that the HK radio will "see" the iPod and NIM--the presence of the two white seal plugs in the 6B connector confirm that the two wires from the 69200033 have not been installed.

The left over connector in your hand remains so.

Hope you get it figured out.

Carl
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 02:07:27 AM by Harleypingman »

Tomtune1

• Tomtune1

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:13 PM »

Bingo, I knew it was something simple. Thank you, all is one with the world... And working fine
TTCVO

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 02:10:07 AM »

Glad to help.  I've had a couple of exeriences installing an accessory; convinced I did everything per the instructions; and, only to find it didn't work.  99.9% of the time is "operator error," i.e. my mistake.

Carl

PS:  Edited my previous post to include the instructions I previously omitted.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 25 queries.