Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NEED SOME QUICK HELP PLEASE  (Read 1063 times)

MAYHEM13

NEED SOME QUICK HELP PLEASE
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »

Hi all well i have a huge dilemma, my first cvo ever purchased was a 2009 road glide electric orange I sold it due to some financial issues and have always regretted it as the situation didn't last long. I then purchased a 2011 Chrome Yellow road glide then traded that in for a 12 cvo road glide  skunk that I have had for 2 months and I just am not loving it at all. So here is my dilemma I was at the dealer today and was speaking with the GM who is a friend and he had a black and orange cvo ultra still in the crate and I really love it, couple of items I need to work through before the morning when I need to give a decision; will I enjoy the ride of the ultra compared to the road glide? the tour pack doesn't detach, no 110 derby cover, no stretched bags with frenched in lights etc.... I know these are things I can add down the road but I am already spending a lot on this bike if I buy it.
JOHNNY C.
2012 CVO ULTRA ELECTRIC ORANGE

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: NEED SOME QUICK HELP PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »

Not sure if you're asking the crowd if we think you will like the ride of one better than the other, if we think you think the accessory differences are a deal breaker or if we think you think the costs involved in the initial purchase and upgrades after are a deal breaker.  Trouble is we can't know what you think or what hits it for you.  Hard to pick another man's bike.

Strictly in the FWIW department.  Personally I believe the Road Glide is superior road bike than the Electra Glide.  If you feel the same way and if you are a road tripper rather than a local rider that would (to me) be a big consideration.  The rest is all details at the edges.  But only you are going to know what makes it right or wrong for you.

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 11:11:27 PM »

Test ride and compare, but like Twolanerider said 'one cannot pick anothers ride' but can only give an opinion.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 11:19:12 PM »

Yeah, these threads are weird.  What is it about the '12 that you don't like compared to the other two Road Glides you had?  I've got the bike you're thinking of trading for.  It's nice, nice, nice, but it's no Road Glide (got one of those, too).  For me, it's not so much that one is better than the other, but they are two VERY different feeling rides.

Good luck with YOUR decision.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 11:25:37 PM »

if you have a bsr they will love the ultra! personally i like all the comforts the ultra has.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 11:55:19 PM »

Also, what you say here ....

Hi all well i have a huge dilemma, my first cvo ever purchased was a 2009 road glide electric orange I sold it due to some financial issues and have always regretted it as the situation didn't last long. I then purchased a 2011 Chrome Yellow road glide then traded that in for a 12 cvo road glide  skunk that I have had for 2 months and I just am not loving it at all. So here is my dilemma I was at the dealer today and was speaking with the GM who is a friend and he had a black and orange cvo ultra still in the crate and I really love it, couple of items I need to work through before the morning when I need to give a decision; will I enjoy the ride of the ultra compared to the road glide? the tour pack doesn't detach, no 110 derby cover, no stretched bags with frenched in lights etc.... I know these are things I can add down the road but I am already spending a lot on this bike if I buy it.

... doesn't quite jive with what you said here, as far as your previous bikes are concerned ...

Well this is my first CVO, my last bike was a 2010 Road Glide with a Harley custom paint set along with thousands in extra's.... went to the dealer for some new parts and they had this 2011 Rio Red that just came in so I got all caught up traded in my 2010 and now I am having doubts about my decision? the reason for this is my last bike was bright yellow and there was no tour pack and no big seat........ spoke to the dealer and he said there is no way to make the tour pak detachable due to the amp? anyone have any suggestions? also want to lower the license plate to the bottom of the fender, how can I accomplish this? thanks for all the help.

.... but one thing that is the same is you're still not happy.  :oops:

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:53:01 PM »

Good luck on your decision making Mahem13.  I think the look of the RG faring is sharp, but I own an Ultra.  Next bike may be a RG.  The Ultra is awesome for touring and my BSR is a happy camper.  That is first and foremost important to me, but not sure what your priorities are.

Ride each and make up your own mind. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 21 queries.