Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Engine Heat  (Read 3340 times)

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Engine Heat
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 10:51:57 PM »

easier to just take the lowers off :D

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 12:08:37 AM »

I'd like to try that. Is it easy to figure out how to remove them? Thanks, Bob F

Take out speaker to access bolts. I think two 7/16 nuts and 3 small torx then a 7/16 open end to remove door. Clamp at the bottom. You could just remove the lower fairing but i like mine. It really does make a difference more so than i expected. Even with a good tune and no cat it was hot

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2012, 12:18:33 AM »

I'd like to try that. Is it easy to figure out how to remove them? Thanks, Bob F

I just removed the adjustable vents in about 5 - 10 minutes without removing the speakers or anything else.  I simply reached up into the lowers with a ratchet and undid the nut on the top.  Once the nut is off the bolt holding the vents on comes out the bottom.  After a little wiggling the vents came right out.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2012, 12:28:50 AM »

Great i did it the hard way! But a least i got to clean them good

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2012, 12:31:20 AM »

Great i did it the hard way! But a least i got to clean them good

Believe me... it was just laziness leading to dumb luck for me!!  :orange:

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 11:11:49 AM »

My dealer installed the pipes and a base map.  It has not gotten the proper tune that I now know it needs...yet.

My dealer did the same thing after changing out my whole exhaust.  The bike not only ran hotter, it ran like chit!  I did take it to a tuner and he commented that the stock map the dealer loaded would of been a real problem when summer hit - it was so lean to the back cylinder.  I posted a review of the tuner I used along with the map, not only did the bike run 1000% better, it ran cooler, and I got a huge HP gain.

I will say the bike can still get hot when it's 95+ out.  It is not as bad on me as my passenger.  I like my lowers left on the bike for when I hit rain.  If it is just a light shower, I don't have to pull over and put rain pants on, just close up the holes.  If its a downpour, no choice than to gear up. 

I have noticed the wind direction affects how much heat pours out the right side too.  I usually just toss my right leg out on the pegs, and I don't feel any heat.  I have never had an issue with too much heat on the left side of the bike.

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 25 queries.