Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: acessories fuse - 2011 FLHTCUSE6  (Read 696 times)

flhtcuse6

• Mike
acessories fuse - 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« on: August 14, 2012, 09:32:25 PM »

the issue..

Yesterday while riding I lost my brake lights and blinkers.    Upon further investigation I noticed that the front driving lights and cruise control buttons on the black switch housing, nacelle, would not function also.  oddly enough the lights would work when locking turning on the security.   none of "lights" fuses were blown.   

I read through the schematics and noticed that the orange/white wire was common to all these functions on the handlebar controls and went through the "accessories" fuse.     I went and checked, and sure enough it was blown.

question...  should i be concerned,  i don't like loosing the brake lights, any input to what might have caused this ?   maybe just a fluke  ?   i,m not sure why the blinker and brake light control would be routed through the "accessories" fuse..

.....mike

Mr John DEUFF

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
Re: acessories fuse - 2011 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:17:51 AM »

I have the same problem with my accessories fuse. I have noticed that when I wash the bike or when it rains hard, the bulb of my front turning lights are full of water and make the fuse burn. Now each time I wash the bike I put the bulb out, dry the hole, then I put WD40 for the electrical contact. Go and check there, and tell me.

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.