Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deadwood  (Read 1305 times)

SPIDERMAN

Deadwood
« on: June 08, 2006, 04:06:59 PM »

Season Three starts Sunday night on HBO  Seasons 1 and 2 are available on DVD  If you've never seen the show, you should catch up first by watching the DVDs  Great show, warning to the timid, the language is blue and I do mean blue. Not for your kids or anyone who equates blue language with all things foul. The show is great, way better than the Sopranos - - -IMO,  but the language can be off putting to some.  Check it out !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Deadwood
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 04:25:53 PM »

Season Three starts Sunday night on HBO  Seasons 1 and 2 are available on DVD  If you've never seen the show, you should catch up first by watching the DVDs  Great show, warning to the timid, the language is blue and I do mean blue. Not for your kids or anyone who equates blue language with all things foul. The show is great, way better than the Sopranos - - -IMO,  but the language can be off putting to some.  Check it out !

Completely disagree.  The language on that show is not at all mother 103-ing bad, gawdammit.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:37:51 PM by twolanerider »

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 07:08:22 PM »

I agree, one of my favorite shows.
The writing, casting is really great.
And if you are a fan, you know going for the fickle finger annual examination once a year after mid-life seems like a cakewalk compared to what Al Swearengine had to go through with his prostate problem!!
noVee
And that Jane! what a babe!

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »

After tonight's season premiere, I can still say it the best written show on the tube.
And Jane, what a doll! ;)
noVee

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »

It does appear that some major butt-kicking is coming up.  My money's on Swearengen...he makes that show work.    

I copied last night's episode on the DVR...need to re-watch it as I missed some of the eloquent speaking parts.  Anyone else have that problem figuring out what they're saying sometimes?   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  Too many years of listening to loud pipes must be taking its toll on me.

I did like Jane's short and to the point synopsis of Gen. Custer...she being a former scout for him.

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 02:00:26 PM »

That's what make it work, the contrast of speaking eloquently and looking haggard, the way they do, living the way they do. Ya gotta listen or pay attention to the conversation, I agree!
Can't wait til Jane does her 'presentation' to the school kids on Custer. Will she have a bath first and show up dressed like like Joanie Stubbs? "Corksmoker!"
noVee

Panhead_Jimmy

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »

I strongly suggest for anyone interested in this show to go to the HBO website and go into "Community" and read the posts from some of the fans of the show.  Approximately each Tuesday you can down load the script (all previous scripts are available, I think) written by a web poster and this really helps understanding the dialog and meaning of so many things that go on each episode.

This is absolutely the best written, best acted and most interesting show ever on TV.  Period.  
2004 Hemi Dodge Slammed Ram, Short Bed Std Cab
1945 Knuckle
1956 Pan
2015 FLHTKSE
2017 CVO Street Glide Orange/Starfire Black

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 10:48:37 PM »

What was that last thing the Colonel said...."I'll keep an eye out for ya?"         [smiley=shocked2.gif]

Wow!  I gotta see that last kick-*ss episode again!
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Yukla95

• CUSE3 (VA)
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 07:02:52 AM »

I agree, it's a great show and has some of the best writing on the small screen. TiVO is a wonderful thing when I can't be there to get my Deadwood fix. I am planning a trip out there next year and will make a side stop to a place called Sturgis, I hear there are lots of bikes there in August!   ;)

Cheers,  [smiley=drink.gif]

Yukla '95
2008 FLHTCUSE3 White Frost and Silver Mist
V&H Monster Ovals w/True Duals
HD Super Tuner
Big Sucker Intake

noVee

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 09:40:07 PM »

Keep an eye out!! No kidding. That was great!!!!!
The more I watch this show, the more I agree:
Best written, produced, acted show even on TV!
And, you have to pay attention. To get it all.
noVee
How many shots of whiskey do you think is the norm a day?
Forget that, there is no norm.

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 09:56:12 PM »

Damn!   I hated to hear this.....

There’s both good and bad news for fans of HBO’s gritty western Deadwood. Its recently launched [highlight]third season will be its last [/highlight]as the cost of producing a period drama with a large ensemble cast—over $4 million per episode—was deemed prohibitive by the cable network. But HBO and creator David Milch were able to reach a compromise that will wrap up the story in back-to-back two-hour specials.

“The episodes of the first three seasons each took place in a single day,” reminds Milch. “Each of the two two-hour films is going to cover a period of about a year and a half, and give us the chance to tell the story on a larger canvas. It’s a different approach.” He claims not to know how it will end, history notwithstanding, though fire and flood will likely come into play. “I let the history shape itself in my imagination. There are a lot of things that aren’t accounted for in the history books,” he notes.

http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?tid=96679&ref_id=16362&ref_type=101&tag=headlines;title;3

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.