Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dakota Digital Reprograming?  (Read 1953 times)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
Dakota Digital Reprograming?
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »

Installed Dakota Digital Gauges on my FLHTK.  Fuel gauge just blinks and reads "00".  I'm thinking that it needs to be programed.  Oil temp gauge seems to be working.  I'm not sure that it is correct, it started blinking at 250 and got to a high of 270 running 70 mph and outside temp is 102.  Also, I haven't got the new pipes to get rid of the heat producing CAT.  If anyone has Dakota Digital gauges, let me know if you had to reprogram any of the gauges and if there are any tricks to the reprograming. 
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
Re: Dakota Digital Reprograming?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:28:38 AM »

You should have gotten a booklet that shows all the procedures to program the gauges
http://www.dakotadigital.com/PDF/MCL-36K-TCH.PDF

Blinking for Dakota is a warning for the oil temp.....you can change the parameters
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 11:30:27 AM by DICKW »
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »

I would call :

Hd-dude (jim)

Metal Dragon
  510-885-9471

Trust me, he can help you  :2vrolijk_21:

Marty

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:33:08 AM »

Yes, I don't have the manual anymore....gave it to the new owners.  You should have got the manual in the box with your gauges.  Maybe go online and find the manual and print it out.

But you can reset your gauges.  "00" on your fuel guage means you're about to start pushing your bike. :nervous:  It starts at 100% when your tank is full.

Your oil temp gauge is set to warn you at 250F.  If you haven't tuned your bike and haven't got rid of the cat and opened the exhaust up.....270 isn't bad at 102F day.  I'd get rid of the cat and get a tuner on your bike and get it tuned ASAP....more important than the gauges. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »

Thanks for the replys!  I pulled up Dakota Digital web site and downloaded the reprograming instructions.  It looks like it is a pain to do the fuel gauge.  It says that you should drain your tank, calibrate, put in 2 gal., calibrate, put in two more gal., calibrate, and then fill it and calibrate.  Is there an easier way?

Got the pipes and tuner ordered with Steve at Fullsac.  Just waiting on the new TTS tuners to come in.  I will say that when it's 110 outside temp., the right side of this 103 is unbearably hot.  If it wasn't for the highway pegs to move my leg out of the way, a guys leg would be french fried.  I'm glad to hear that the oil temp of 270 is some what normal for a stock 103 on a hot day.  Question:  What range should my oil temp be after I get the pipes and tuner on?
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 04:36:12 PM »

Thanks for the replys!  I pulled up Dakota Digital web site and downloaded the reprograming instructions.  It looks like it is a pain to do the fuel gauge.  It says that you should drain your tank, calibrate, put in 2 gal., calibrate, put in two more gal., calibrate, and then fill it and calibrate.  Is there an easier way?Got the pipes and tuner ordered with Steve at Fullsac.  Just waiting on the new TTS tuners to come in.  I will say that when it's 110 outside temp., the right side of this 103 is unbearably hot.  If it wasn't for the highway pegs to move my leg out of the way, a guys leg would be french fried.  I'm glad to hear that the oil temp of 270 is some what normal for a stock 103 on a hot day.  Question:  What range should my oil temp be after I get the pipes and tuner on?

Take the manual with you, to the gas station.  Should only take 5 minutes. :2vrolijk_21:

I used to call Jim every time I had a DD problem.......pretty soon he quit answering the phone. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 06:38:45 PM »

I keep the pdf file pretty close by, only need it to change the clock :nixweiss:

I've had mine for a few years and I haven't had any problems yet.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.