Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Looking to buy a 2007 CVO springer  (Read 7582 times)

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
Re: Looking to buy a 2007 CVO springer
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 05:26:20 PM »

LOL, yeah, 1300 miles on a Softail was definitely not nearly as comfortable as it would have been on my Road Glide.

The Softail is a more of a stripped down motorcycle.  The stock seat leaves a bit to be desired (already ordered a replacement).  In addition, the suspension differences are significant.  The Softail feels more like you're in the bike, seated into the frame geometry.  A touring bike gives you the feel like your riding on the bike.

Touring bikes in general are a bit more refined for the long differences.  Their long ride manners are more civil, whereas the Softail isn't unmannered, but it's just not a tourer.

Thinking in analogous terms, imagine driving a Caddy for a full day vs a Corvette.  Both are fun as hell, but one will comfort the driver more than the other.

Banditman

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 08:53:27 AM »

Hi there. I am new to this site and new to CVO. I bought a 2007 CVO Springer Softail in the blue from a gentleman in Adelanto. This is my first Harley and I just love it. I live in Australia and imported it myself and had it complianced for use in Australia.
I am into Jap bikes as well with a Suzuki GSF 1250 Bandit.
There is no comparison between these bikes. The Bandit goes hard, stops unreal and corners beautifully. The Harley does not come close to the Bandit but there is something about a FXSTSSE that makes it a bike in its own class. Dont worry about what others say or think. These Harleys are beautiful to look at, lovely to ride and sit very stable on the road. Remember it is a cruiser, not a race bike and you will love it forever.
The 21 inch front wheel looks awesome and the whole package is a chick magnet. Get one ASAP. 

ultrarider123

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 09:10:19 AM »

Read a few of the comments and hope that you find your Springer, Jo.  My opinion, they are VERY cool and always liked the look of the springer.  My problem was how would it be to keep the bugs and such cleaned out of those springs on the front end... :2vrolijk_21:

Now as to the comments on the ride of the softail suspension.  While I agree with some of the negatives, I rode my 1994 FXSTC to Sturgis in 94 and put 3,600 miles on it with a passenger and loaded saddlebag/rack bag and really enjoyed the ride (maybe the dual tour Corbin helped a bit).  And d00d, it did have a windshield....I ain't no dummy.  Too many bugs between K'ville and western SD.  I traded my '89 Classic EG w/85,000 miles on the clock for the '94.  Nope, the softail wasn't a touring bike but it made for a great rider, IMO.  I was impressed with the ride and handling coming from what I thought was a great rider in my '89.  Wish I still had that Softail Classic (Aqua pearl....really shined)
When I moved back to an 1995 Ultra, yes it did ride different and was set-up much better for touring but the softail had 39,000 miles on her after two years of ownership....not a garage queen in any way, form or fashion

So Jocamel64, find your "gotta-have-it" CVO springer and ride the crap out of her....you will be glad you did... :2vrolijk_21:

hogdownunder

• AUSSIE SPRINGER
  • Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 CVO SPRINGER

• CVO1: 2008 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER
    • CVO2: 2009 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER- SOLD
    • CVO3: 2007 SCREAMIN EAGLE SPRINGER
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 08:46:49 AM »

Hi Jocamel64,

I have been riding bikes for many years and I have to say, the HD CVO Springer is one of the nicest bikes I have ever riden.

I am a lucky owner of both the 2008 CVO and 2009 CVO Springers. Both very different bikes, but handle very similar.

The 2007 would handle much the same as the 2008 as they both have the same size rear tyre (200 mm). This does make a big difference in handling, as the 2009 does not want to turn as well as the 2008 does.

Do yourself a favour and go and grab that 2007 Springer. You won't be sorry.

Here's a photo of my 2008 Springer.

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 02:51:28 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.