Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More things 'bout the south.  (Read 671 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
More things 'bout the south.
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:02:23 PM »

I have found southerners to be the friendliest people around.

I stopped off at a diner down south for lunch one day and have to say have to say that I have never met a group of folks so concerned about my health, especially my hearing. I was concerned about their vision though. I walked in and the hostess said “How y’all doin?” Standing there by myself I said “We,… are all doing fine”. She took me to my table and said, “Louise will be your server, y’all come back now, ya hear”? I said to her “I haven’t even left yet, and yes, I do hear fine”.  The server comes over and said, “How ya’ll doin?” Looking at the empty seats at my table I said, “We,.. are doing fine”. She asked, “What would you like sugar?” I told her “Why would I want sugar, I haven’t even ordered coffee yet?”  I asked what they had for lunch specials and she said, “Fried catfish, fried chicken, fried pork chops, and chicken fried steak”. Trying to watch my calories I asked “Do you have any beef stew?” She said, “Honey I got beef stew coming out of my ears”. I told her “I’ll have the fried chicken, ya hear?”  She smiled and said “I’ll bring it right out, y’all don’t go no where now.” I told her “We,… all,…. will be right here”.  The food was excellent, the portions generous, and the service was fast. I paid my bill and on my way out they said,…you guessed it. “Y’all come back now, ya hear?” Like I said, I have never met people so concerned about my hearing. I do wish they would get their vision checked.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

chaos901

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2000 SE Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2008 SEUC3
    • CVO3: 2010 SEUC5
Re: More things 'bout the south.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:08:57 PM »

Not sure what ya'll are concerned about, seemed just about right to me.   :nixweiss:

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 02:16:57 PM »

Glad to see you have retained your sense of humor, Mark!   :huepfenlol2:   Good manners are so rare these days.   :(

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Texas Fat Boy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »

Well apparently you people in California have never heard of “paragraphs” either.
We use those down here in the south too.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »

Well apparently you people in California have never heard of “paragraphs” either.
We use those down here in the south too.

Thems two charts side by side, a par a graphs.
All, it's what you put in the motor, I'm running Syn3 all.
Tar, it's what yew mount on rims. I got Avon tars on my scooter.
Dunlop, it's not a tar, it's a condition that come from too much eatin'. "Bubbas belly dun lopped over his belt".

Over 25 years ago I worked with a guy from North Carolina. He had a million of those sayings. He rode a rigid chopper, Pan bottom and Shovel top. Once it took him 32 kicks to get it started. It had a spool hub front wheel with a tiny brake that did nothing to stop. He had to ride with a kidney belt to keep his back and insides in order. He ended up trading it in on a 82 Low Rider. He was a character.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

;D ;D
DND

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 25 queries.