Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Steps to replace stock bars on bat wing  (Read 7030 times)

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Steps to replace stock bars on bat wing
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »

I did take the radio out as it made it easier to get to the cables, but it looks like you don't have to.  Once I put the new bars on I will put everything back and adjust with the rear bolts.  This is my second set.  I have to stop my wife from riding my bike, everytime she does I have to change something on hers, mostly to match mine.  We have two SESG's Black/diamond.

We went on a three day trip and we got to the hotel at night.  I went down to clean and cover my bike as my wife was going to follow in a little while to clean hers.  She came down about 15 mins later and said, "thanks", why you ask, I cleaned her bike instead of mine.  She covered her bike and went back upstairs, I had another 1/2 hr to go cleaning my bike.  :oops:

A few pictures
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:20:41 AM by dlg »

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 11:11:17 AM »

More pictures

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »

one more

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 04:36:51 PM »

I did take the radio out as it made it easier to get to the cables, but it looks like you don't have to.  Once I put the new bars on I will put everything back and adjust with the rear bolts.  This is my second set.  I have to stop my wife from riding my bike, everytime she does I have to change something on hers, mostly to match mine.  We have two SESG's Black/diamond.

We went on a three day trip and we got to the hotel at night.  I went down to clean and cover my bike as my wife was going to follow in a little while to clean hers.  She came down about 15 mins later and said, "thanks", why you ask, I cleaned her bike instead of mine.  She covered her bike and went back upstairs, I had another 1/2 hr to go cleaning my bike.  :oops:

A few pictures
Rut roh!!! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bmcgc

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 105th FXDSE2 traded for a Road King Classic
    • CVO2: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »

I did Klockwerks +2 sweepers on my 09 FLHT.

I will never never do another one unless it is 1.5" bars.

My FLHT did not have cruise or heated grips and the wires were still a nightmare to feed through the bars, especially the TBW side.

I would love pullback fat bars on my CVO, but not enough to go through that again.

Nice tip on rotating the inner fairing forward.  I had to cut down an allen wrench to "fit"  under the inner.  There isnt alot of room under there.

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »

It was really not that bad.  I used three strings, one on the right side and two on the left.  I also used some food grade silicon spray and it worked great.  I put in the TBW first and then the controls.  On the 2011's we do not have to add a wire for the heated grips as it is already on the TBW.  I have a set of heated grips on my Vrod and have not had a problem, but I did mount the right side and had the power wire outside the bars just in case I have to replace, with the fairing, you cannot see them.   There is a wire on the right side for the grips but it only goes to the middle of the bar and connects to the wires from the TBW.

David
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.