Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: At the Cam Swap time of the SEEG life. Need Suggestions  (Read 2154 times)

CVO SEEG

At the Cam Swap time of the SEEG life. Need Suggestions
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »

My 04 punkin is at 45,000 miles and the last cam tensioner check was disappointing. They are shot. to boot the measured run out on the pinion is .0045. This basically says I need to run the new screamin eagle camplate. Besides the redshift 575s what other cams work well in these 103s??? I ride a ton of miles so dependability is needed. But the kid in me still wants to smoke those young ass punks now and then :P!!

Thanks in advance for the help!! 8)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: At the Cam Swap time of the SEEG life. Need Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:09:12 AM »

My 04 punkin is at 45,000 miles and the last cam tensioner check was disappointing. They are shot. to boot the measured run out on the pinion is .0045. This basically says I need to run the new screamin eagle camplate. Besides the redshift 575s what other cams work well in these 103s??? I ride a ton of miles so dependability is needed. But the kid in me still wants to smoke those young ass punks now and then :P!!

Thanks in advance for the help!! 8)

I'm sure this will get moved, but you might get more response from the "Twin Cam" forum.  This forum tends to be more about transmissions, primary drive areas than motor.

You will get lots of suggestions on your questions.

Good luck CVO SEEG...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

CVO SEEG

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »

Seems it has been moved already??? I posted in the 04 SEEG forum. Seems those boys think it needs to be here??? I am just looking for some info so post where it is going to net me the most response.

Thanks

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 11:29:36 AM »

The 575 cams or the YB13 from Yuill Brothers are both very good cams for your 103.  Though I think I remember the Yuill cams only available in gear drive.  Not a good option with your runout.

You can spend a lot of time reinventing the wheel or you can go with what's known to roll well.  The 575s work well.  I'm not a big fan of the company.  But that's a good cam.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »

Seems it has been moved already??? I posted in the 04 SEEG forum. Seems those boys think it needs to be here??? I am just looking for some info so post where it is going to net me the most response.

Thanks

Don't sweat the move.  It might move again before it's done.  Mod's have different impressions at different times of the day, month, whatever. 

CVO SEEG

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 12:04:34 PM »

Thanks TwoLane!

Tn.Heritage

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 12:35:19 PM »

I would look at the SE204's or Woods 222 cams. Bothe have a 34 degree intake closing but the woods has more lift but both will work great in a 103, my vote=204's.  :bananarock:
2019 Limited Low 114, S&S 475 cam, PR's, LC's, lifters,S&S Sidewinder 2-n-1 with a Roland Sands AC. Tuned with a PV tuner at J&B Performance.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 09:38:28 AM »

When we did Bob and my bike's the Yuill Bros were gear drive only. Bob got the YB I go the Redshift 575's. Myself and few others seem to think the Zippers 575's are noisy cams.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

CVO SEEG

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »

I have heard that. I am going to stick with the 253 cam and clean the lifters and hope for another 100,000 miles, but we all know where that goes! Looking at a bottom end tear down next winter. >:(

hwyfever

• Full CVO Member
  • Stopped Living Vicariously

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 10:25:46 AM »

Hey CVO   I am one of a number SEEG riders here with the Redshift 575's in my 2005 SEEG.  Personally I think these might be one one of noisier cams out there, even noisier than some of my EVO's. But they do put the power were you want it most on theses bikes.  Anyway, I wear earplug so have learned how to live with the noise. I would put them in again.
HD Hyd Cam Plate Conversion, Zippers Red Shift 575, SE Adjustable Push Rods
SE Race Tuner, Zippers Highflow Air Cleaner, S&S True Duals, Bub Stealth 7,
Progressive Monotube Cartridge Forks, Progressive 940 shocks

What I fear most when I die is my wife selling my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

CVO SEEG

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:20 AM »

Well got the screamin eagle hydro cam plate installed the old girl is back up and running. Lots more oil pressure and the top end is alot quieter! Must be all the oil pressure. Stuck with the 253 cams and only added a new chain. seems like shes a new bike again. Pulls harder. There was about a 1/4 inch of stretch in the chain, seems to have been enough at 45,000 miles to have made a difference. Anyway loving life again! Into the wind my brotheren! ;D
Thanks for the replies and the help!

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.