Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detachable Batwing for RKSE  (Read 1668 times)

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
Detachable Batwing for RKSE
« on: August 31, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »

Going to buy a batwing for my FLHRSE5.  What do you all recomend and do you have any photos to share, especially of the way it looks when your sitting on the bike.  Who would be the best one to paint it?  How tall of a windshield is required to keep the wind out of my contacts!!!!  I'm only 5"9 if that helps.

Thanks, Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Detachable Batwing for RKSE
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »

we are about the same height i have either an 8" or 8 1/2" with a recurve, i can see over it and not getting my eyes blasted.

not sure what would make the most sense on a SERK5. you dont need a radio or speakers in it like i have on my SERK.

what are you looking for functionality wise with a batwing?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »

Well a radio/cd player with xm or siruis would be ok.  The Ipod that comes with the bike works fine and I suppose I don't really need anymore speakers than I already have so just something cool to keep the wind outta my eyes.  I hate the normal RK windshields, but they do work.
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:40:11 AM »

you have both I-pod and another input in saddle bag on the right?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 11:50:49 AM »

some additional thoughts, if it were me i would use a zumo665 with an xm antenna, that way you have GPS/MP3/XM all in 1 device ( assuming its plug and play into the audio on the SERK5 )

if you like the look of a batwing i would look at the ones that have no inner side. no need to put the extra weight over the nacelle since you do not need to hold a head unit or speakers.

the other benefit of a fairing with no inner is no possible interference between the inner fairing and your bars. i did have to adjust my bars to get my dragonfly on. plus it will be lighter and easier to take on and off.

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »

hmmmm.  I like that idea.  Did want to put a bag on it too if possiable.  Do you have a pic of yours?
2013 FLTRXSE2

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 12:05:13 PM »

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 12:15:45 PM »

could do something like a memphis shades

may be able to attach a bag on the inside

rebelhoop

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:40:58 AM »

Hi, consider deadcenter cycles fairings, their quality and customer support are second to none.  I have a 08 SERK with their faring installed, it turned out excellent, I can remove the fairing for around town and cleaning.  Uses Moco windscreens and acc.  After a mistake or two I had Gunslinger Painting in Aurora, Co. do the custom painting, it turned out fantastic.

R

Dkleinr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 11:11:34 AM »

Rich, I added the "Wide Open" fairing on mine a couple of years ago and really enjoy it. Paint by Gene (Bigfaty's) did the paint scheme to match! I have pics you can look at. Go to "search" on the tool bar and type in "My 2007 Street King", that ought to get you to my old post.
"Live good while you're alive, 'cause when you're dead.....you're dead for a long time."

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.