Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 se2 rides like a rock  (Read 1364 times)

H-D-U

• "Stay Up Right"
2010 se2 rides like a rock
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:29:24 AM »

Hi All,
 I have a Fat Bob 2010 se2, It rides smooth and soft when on a flat smooth road but as soon as we hit some uneven surface like most crap roads over here the bikes handling is rough, hard and takes alot of manhandling. This bike is stock has anyone changed fork oil or shocks to allow a smoother ride.
Thanks
Tony
It's not where you are going, It's how COOL you look getting there. CVO.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
Re: 2010 se2 rides like a rock
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 10:14:32 AM »

Replacing shocks is a big hard to figure item for the exact ride that your looking for. My FXR4 CVO (Fox original shocks) were not worn out but were too stiff on big bumps like yours. I tried expensive Smooth Ride Air Shocks (600) that had excessivly hard rebound and leaked. Replaced them with Progressive 416 (400) air shocks again they rode fine on good road but sucked on bumpy roads. They had a max 70 PSI compared to Harley 35 PSI rating. Tried various pressures and even installed a air gauge to monitor air pressures while riding. I replaced them with YSS RZ-366-360 (360mm eye to eye)shocks(650 bucks) that I mistakenly bought that were too long so the lower mounting on  the swing arm was move to the rear 2.250" but in doing so it makes it ride too rough. When you move the lower shock mount past the rear of the axle changes the leverage and would require a softer spring to get the correct ride. The more you move the lower shock mount frontwards in front of the axle would require a stiffer spring. YSS said I could replace my spring (90 bucks)or they could replace the shock itself for me at (180 bucks) keeping my springs and shock ends
 To get the correct ride call your shock maker, give him make/model/bike weight/your weight/ passenger weight and percentage that they ride. This way they can get the correct spring weght. You might want to give them the distance the shock moount is from the  axle center and if it is front or rear of the axle.
Good Luck,
Ltank

H-D-U

• "Stay Up Right"
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »

Thanks Ltank,
I will use the info to check around, I was hoping for a easy solution. But as always things don't work that way ah. I feel it is the front shocks that make the ride hardest.
I will let you know how i go.
Tony

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:39:51 AM »

I switched my shocks out and replaced them with Works shocks.  I worked directly with them on my weight and riding style.  I am more than pleased.  See my post under 2009 Fat Bob transformation.  Good luck.

H-D-U

• "Stay Up Right"
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »

Thank you, I am going to try all options and see how we go. I will post the out come.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 25 queries.