Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about 07 SE UC EG  (Read 1206 times)

Lean Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO Fatboy 2006 - Sold Sept 2007
    • CVO2: CVO Ultra Classic 2007 - Sold Feb 2012
Questions about 07 SE UC EG
« on: August 24, 2006, 04:56:57 AM »

To all,

I am in the process of getting a 07 FLHTCUSE2 bike. Black Ice and Electric Orange color and have a few questions to ask.

1. I was told that HD will no longer warranty the bike if any modifications are done with the engine or pipes. With that said I wanted to change out the pipes and get the proper dyno download to map it correctly. I dont really have the money to blow if somthing should happen to the bike. I am also looking to get the extended warranty so I am covered for quite a long time. Is this a true fact you are hearing from HD dealers?

I see most of the guys on this site did change out there pipes and downloads. May I ask what can be done to keep my warranty going if I change mine out?

All I want is the extra HP and some excellent noise with the new pipes!!!

Any recommendations for what pipes I should put on this new bike? I had on my old SC Fat Boy 06 V&H pipes that sound great.

2. Opinions on the 110 engine - This is HD's first year on this 110 inch engine and now sure if all the bugs are resolved or should I wait?

3.The Bike over all - I have not had the chance to ride one yet. I did own a SC Fat Boy 06 which I have sold but the dealer will not allow any test rides for this bike. I know there is a difference in the touring frame which over all will make my ride more confty.

4. Price - I noticed the HD site no longer list the price on the site. It was listed as of 3 weeks ago and not it is gone. It now ask that you check in with the local HD dealer to get pricing. I would like to know if anyone has a copy of the original prices listed? I have them written down but to have a copy would be better

5. EPA Problems - I also found out that EPA is really hammering down on HD and other manuf of motorcycles as they are not allowing any approval of changes of the bike once it is approved. Is this a true statement anyone out there is hearing?

I am so looking forward to my new bike but was told I am on the waiting list and will not see mine until Jan or Feb 07. Anyone else also waiting like me?

My dealer is going to sell me the bike at MSRP as this is my 2nd bike purchase from them. Has anyone be able to get this bike under MSRP?

Thanks for taking the time to read this...

David

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
Re: Questions about 07 SE UC EG
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:00:23 AM »

David, welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride. I don't have time right now to try to answer all your questions, but basically big brother is going to make life difficult for HD ownersat some point. It really depends on the dealer. My dealer already has 07's on the floor with 103 kits and after market pipes with the RT installed, so some will still carry on as usual. Personally, I don't like extended warranties anyway, but I would be less inclined now knowing if I was traveling and had a problem, there would be more excuses for them (HD) to cover it. Gotta go, busy day.

Robert
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2006, 08:55:59 AM »

Welcome to the site.  I've asked my dealer the question about the warranty and he said he hadn't heard that.  Hear that several companies are working on exhausts.  Power commander and other are update software for o2 sensors.  The epa is using HD as an exapmle (IMHO).  Price is pretty much a supply and demand thing,  I have 3 dealer in my area 1 sells at msrp the other 2 are about 5000 over msrp.  Congrads on the new scooter.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 09:30:09 AM »

Welcome to the site.  You'll love the SEUC.  Here's the original pricing 2007 Screamin

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006, 09:36:00 AM »

[smiley=confused5.gif]  I met with the regional HD Rep concerning several issues on my 2006 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic.  One issue was cold start & running.  He could not verify it that day...it was 90 degrees outside.  I asked him specifcally about changing my exhaust & race tuners and he clearly stated that if there are warranty issues with the engine the first thing they will ask is the exhaust stock or has it been modified....before any warranty issues would be addressed the bike would have to be put back to the stock configuration.

Depends on who you talk to and on what day....I ended up changing my exhaust...put on slip on Screaming Eagles....runs a lot better!  It is hard not to make changes...we all want to be heard!!!

napalm
napalm

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 09:41:53 AM »

Here's a thread with some info about pricing of the CVO models.

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1153920197/5#5

It will ride great and you should not be concerned about the changes for the 110 as far as realiability.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:34:23 AM by Rjob749 »

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2006, 09:49:25 AM »

Welcome to the site and conrats on the new bike!
With comments like, [highlight]"I was told that HD will no longer warranty the bike if any modifications are done with the engine or pipes. With that said I wanted to change out the pipes and get the proper dyno download to map it correctly"[/highlight], you will fit right in here!  ;D

It's been my experience with Harley dealers, that if they do the work, they honor the warranties.
I had mine delivered with new pipes installed by the dealer. There is really nothing cut and dry with the MoCo. It is largely up to the dealer. My best advice, is find a good dealer. I sadly bought my SEUC from a terrible dealer, so I wend dealer shopping. I am now very loyal to a GREAT dealership (Glendale, California), and they are loyal to me.
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »

Welcome to the site and conrats on the new bike!
With comments like, [highlight]"I was told that HD will no longer warranty the bike if any modifications are done with the engine or pipes. With that said I wanted to change out the pipes and get the proper dyno download to map it correctly"[/highlight], you will fit right in here!

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2006, 10:32:29 AM »

We all talk about MSRP pricing but I wonder if anyone truly has purchased an SE Ultra for MSRP.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:32:53 AM by ultrafxr »

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Woop De Doo

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 10:48:35 AM »

My bike hasn't cpme in yet, any day now. I have a signed deal with the dealer at MSRP-no freight, no setup fee. We made the deal in June when I placed my deposit. He also stated that the deposit is refundable if for some reason I don't take the bike.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 01:04:14 PM »

My bike hasn't cpme in yet, any day now. I have a signed deal with the dealer [highlight]at MSRP-no freight, no setup fee[/highlight]. We made the deal in June when I placed my deposit. He also stated that the deposit is refundable if for some reason I don't take the bike.

One of the few that is not a "stealer"....you are lucky man....BTW what is your dealer?

napalm

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 06:23:51 PM »

I bought my 2006 SE Ultra for MSRP...NO freight or set - up charges.  I placed a deposite on it in August and the bike finally came in in February..I was supposed to get it in October, but they were shipped a green one instead & then the paint issues started.
That caused the delay, but I only paid MSRP.  Second bike from this dealer at MSRP.  It can be done!

napalm
napalm

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 06:41:25 PM »

I bought my 2006 SE Ultra for MSRP...NO freight or set - up charges.

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 25 queries.