Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD not replacing speaker grills under warranty any more?!?  (Read 2293 times)

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
HD not replacing speaker grills under warranty any more?!?
« on: October 12, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

I just heard from the dealer that the moco will be denying warranty claims for replacing our metal speaker grills that have the ugly paint issues. I was told that they have determined that the paint fade has been caused by alkiline in some cleaning agents, specifically mentioned was S100. So I was told to check for alkiline in my cleaning products, soap and such. Don't know if this holds water or not. Sounds like the moco is just covering their a$$e$. This seems to be quite an issue from what I've read on this site. I had my left upper changed out under warranty some time ago. My friend has had both uppers and one lower replaced as well.
Just thought I'd share what I heard yesterday from my service writer. Any thoughts?
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

LincolnUSA

• LincolnUSA
  • Full CVO Member
  • Fullsac B X-Pipe, 2.0" Baffles, TTS Mastertune
Re: HD not replacing speaker grills under warranty any more?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »

Just had one replaced last week.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »

I just heard from the dealer that the moco will be denying warranty claims for replacing our metal speaker grills that have the ugly paint issues. I was told that they have determined that the paint fade has been caused by alkiline in some cleaning agents, specifically mentioned was S100. So I was told to check for alkiline in my cleaning products, soap and such. Don't know if this holds water or not. Sounds like the moco is just covering their a$$e$. This seems to be quite an issue from what I've read on this site. I had my left upper changed out under warranty some time ago. My friend has had both uppers and one lower replaced as well.
Just thought I'd share what I heard yesterday from my service writer. Any thoughts?

I'm guessing your dealer is blowing smoke up your skirt, but then if you consider all the other preposterous crap the MoCo has used over the years to avoid paying for their own screwups, maybe they really are getting ready to trot out that BS.  If your car wash detergent is damaging the paint btw, why doesn't it damage the other painted parts on the bike or your car?  Maybe if they had used a proper coating on those grills that was meant to stand up to outdoor use and ultraviolet radiation they wouldn't have to dream up schemes to avoid paying to replace them. 

If they pull that crap on you, I hope you know enough to call BS and fight them.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 05:33:36 PM »

Couldn't agree more Jerry. I'm not having any issues. She mentioned this because she had just been informed from upstairs the day before.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 09:59:05 PM »

Did you ask if the shop still had S100 products for sale on their floor?  And, if so, how they explained the contradiction?

Wanna Ride

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »

Same crap Ford started puilling on the truck emblems when they peel paint after, oh about.... a week.

"So sorry, it looks like crap. We'll try to do better in the future when you buy your next $50k truck."

jrice454

• Junior CVO Member
  • A rock is a rock...

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 - Black Diamond/Crimson Tag
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 10:10:45 AM »

My 2011 SESG front left fairing speaker has started to fade.  Brought in for service last week and pointed it out.  Apparently they had a very hard time getting HD to replace the speaker due the fact that the grill is part of the speaker and not a separate piece.  The service at the dealership has been outstanding and I know everyone very well so I know it wasn't BS on their part.  They actually had to take a photo on their Iphone and send it to show what the fading is and what it looks like along with 10 different phone calls.  HD will replace the speaker at this point but it was difficult from the dealers perspective.

J

Page created in 0.386 seconds with 21 queries.