Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Forced Convection System  (Read 9457 times)

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Forced Convection System
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »

Hmmmm. With a 4" bore and 3.48" stroke or half a small block Chevy. Just a small engine of 175ci or 2850 cc with an easy 200 hp and 200lbft. I'd be down with that. MoCo keeps saying it's rider base doesn't want a change in design...wonder what a vote would be like. I dig the hell outta my bike but having to wonder if it'll over heat, scissor a crank or send lifter shrapnel through the oil pump does give me pause for concern. A 100% American built ride so reliable that it would shut up all the nay-sayers and pull 10's of thousands of riders off there machine to buy one. Hey if I'm gonna dream just as well go all the way. Crap, i better sell all my bikes and get ready to buy.  ;D
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2012, 10:28:42 AM »

CVO Thunder, if HD would put a larger cooler and mount it up higher people wouldn't be having to buy all these fans etc. I am sure the people who market them have good intentions, but ( and I have posted this before) I have been thu St. George Utah in late August with passenger and luggage.(at least 110 degrees, when I hit Vegas at sundown it was still 107.  No overheating problems, except for my wife's right tennis shoe which had to be replaced because the heat from the new paving/ exhaust melted the glue and it came apart. Got her a new pair at Walmart ,while I poured cold water over my head, shirt and tennis shoes.  Back to the oil cooler. My friend was a little short of cash so he purchased an early model Victory.  It has quite a large oil cooler mounted on the downtubes where it gets plenty of air ( not being blocked by front fender  and tire). I wish I had a picture to post. It is black, and it seems to be placed where an oil cooler should be placed. I am a Harley person , but for a measly 8K (used) he got a great running bike with no heat issues. I have not been to any of the Victory forums, so maybe I am speaking out of  school, but I think a bigger oil cooler mounted where it would actually get decent air flow would solved a lot of the problems I hear mentioned on this great site. Just for the record my 09SEUC has a Fulsac stage 1 with stock no cat head pipe and HD/K&N free flow reusable air filter nd their 1.75 baffles. JMHO, but I think the fans don't do any good unless you are traveling at less than 25 or 30 MPH. I have one on my 2005 CRF450X Honda and I the only time I use it is when I get caught at a red light or some slow moving traffic. I want to be opened minded about the fans, but if the oil cooler was enginered correctly in the first place they wouln't be needed, unless of course you are normally caught in slow moving or stop and go traffic on a regular basis. JMHO CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2012, 10:34:18 AM »

I rode all the Victory models the other day and was very impressed.  Good performance for a stock bike and the Cross Country is growing on me.
Could be my next bike.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.