Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gold Rinehart  (Read 1732 times)

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO Dark Slate/Black Diamond
Gold Rinehart
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:32:27 PM »

Anyone have any issues with their Rinehart Muffler turning gold?  I'm not talking about the tips, the entire right muffler turned gold.  I'm waiting to speak to the service manager tomorrow but service department is feeding me the "maybe you sat in traffic too long" line which I didn't.  Yet they had to tune it again at 2600 miles.  Doesn't seem right to me.  And if you're the dealer and someone drops the bike off with a gold muffler don't you at least discuss some options with them befor you send their 35k bike back with a gold muffler? 

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Gold Rinehart
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »

Anyone have any issues with their Rinehart Muffler turning gold?  I'm not talking about the tips, the entire right muffler turned gold.  I'm waiting to speak to the service manager tomorrow but service department is feeding me the "maybe you sat in traffic too long" line which I didn't.  Yet they had to tune it again at 2600 miles.  Doesn't seem right to me.  And if you're the dealer and someone drops the bike off with a gold muffler don't you at least discuss some options with them befor you send their 35k bike back with a gold muffler? 

I have the Rinehart 4" mufflers with 5,000 miles on them and I have no discoloration.  Did the gold show up before they retuned it at 2,600 miles? Or after  :nixweiss:  What tuner are you using?
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:45:50 PM »

Did you contact Bub/Rinehart?  That's where I would start.
Spada84
NoSofa!

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »

I have the Rinehart 4" mufflers with 5,000 miles on them and I have no discoloration.  Did the gold show up before they retuned it at 2,600 miles? Or after  :nixweiss:  What tuner are you using?

It was dyno tuned intially in March when when I got it.  Vance and Hines head pipes, 4" Rinehart slip-on mufflers, and a KIT-EFI Super Tuner-S.E.  I took it back for part two of the Dyno tune in June with 1042 miles on it. And now in mid October I see that the right muffler is gold.  I was told by the dealer, although the service manager wasn't there, that they did have to re-tune the bike after I brought it in at the 2600 mile mark.  And yes, the gold showed up before the 2600 mile tune.

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »

Did you contact Bub/Rinehart?  That's where I would start.

It isn't a Reinhart issue. The bike at some point was running very lean.

LovemyCVOgirl

• SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »

It isn't a Reinhart issue. The bike at some point was running very lean.

That was exactly what I was thinking.., hence the 2nd tune.  :'(

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

I have the same setup and with a similar issue on the rear pipe where it attaches to the cylinder head. Haven't seen any yellowing on the front pipe yet, but figured it was a tune issue since I bought the bike used from Florida. Bike has only 1150 miles on it so it must be running really hot on the rear cylinder to yellow the shield in that few miles. I guess it's time to have a dyno tune done to enrich the air/fuel mix? There goes $400.

JMazz44

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 10:06:04 PM »

So the dealer (Bergen Harley) did right by me, actualy the service manager.  Re-tuned the bike, and it appears I gained a little power out of the tune, also replaced the rear muffler that turned gold with a new one.  Both at no charge.  I had some unpleasant instances the past year but they definitely did the right thing this time around to make sure I was happy with it.

LovemyCVOgirl

• SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 10:24:55 PM »

So the dealer (Bergen Harley) did right by me, actualy the service manager.  Re-tuned the bike, and it appears I gained a little power out of the tune, also replaced the rear muffler that turned gold with a new one.  Both at no charge.  I had some unpleasant instances the past year but they definitely did the right thing this time around to make sure I was happy with it.

That is great news!  They should have stepped up and fixed the problem since they were responsible for the gold pipe since they gave you a lousy tune the first time.  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.