Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: almost as fun as getting a new bike!  (Read 914 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
almost as fun as getting a new bike!
« on: October 26, 2012, 02:16:45 PM »

I'm excited!  I know a gun shop owner that promised me that I would get the next S&W Shield that he got!.  Not only did I get one, but I got the limited production pistol with the 2lb trigger!  Picking it up after work and I will probably blow through a hundred or so rounds and get a free cleaning!  He showed it to me, it fits perfectly, light and easily concield.  I read some of the reviews and they are incredible. Why a big gun shop like his only gets 1 per month....?  But I got mine! :jack:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: almost as fun as getting a new bike!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »

:D :orange:

On my list...

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 02:33:44 PM »

Congrats on the new weapon.  As you said, may not be a bike but a new "toy" is always exciting.  Glad you lucked into the limited edition, too.  Now, where to put the kick starter on that S&W.... :2vrolijk_21:

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »

I'm excited!  I know a gun shop owner that promised me that I would get the next S&W Shield that he got!.  Not only did I get one, but I got the limited production pistol with the 2lb trigger!  Picking it up after work and I will probably blow through a hundred or so rounds and get a free cleaning!  He showed it to me, it fits perfectly, light and easily concield.  I read some of the reviews and they are incredible. Why a big gun shop like his only gets 1 per month....?  But I got mine! :jack:

OMG  :o. Please post pictures!
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »

WOW!!!!! I would love to have one in .40. Anybody know a shop that has one? Have Fed Lic.....can ship accross lines. PLEASE!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »

2lb does make for a light trigger!!
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 06:44:45 AM »

Congrats man. I've been on the waiting list at two shops for months. Maybe in time for Christmas - hope - hope - hope.

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »

You can find all sorts of pictures online along with blogs that rave about the pistol, but here you go?  I was able to pop a few rounds after I completed all the paperwork.  My other gun is a H&K P30 which I love, but I have to say, this Shield is equally balanced and shoots just as nice with alot less weight and bulk.  It was interesting, the guy that owns the gun shops buys his cars from us...hence why I was able to jump the list.  He said that the gun manufacturers make X quantity of a gun, then realign to make another model, then another, than another, than eventually go round two and make more.  He said it's the craziest thing, but he doesn't expect S&W to manufacture enough of these to meet the demand until spring of 2013.  Meanwhile, he told me he had offers of $800 for my pistol that listed at $450.00.  By the way, the 2lb trigger is sweet, maybe thats why it feels so much like my H&K?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

Are they really that hard to get??  My wife got hers a few weeks back.  She walked in one of our local gun shops looking for a nice conceal. She was dead fest on getting the Springfield XDM then the gun shop guy put the M&P in her hands and she immediately said "writet it up".. Hers in 40 Cal... i ended up getting the XD and love it.. Both guns are awesome conceal carry weapons.  We havent been to the range yet, Not as easy here in Sacramento... We may try to make it over to one of our 'Wild West' shooting ranges...  or maybe a better term..  Loni Range as in being around a bunch of idiots..  
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:55:59 AM by cvobiker »

Rio

• 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »

Are they really that hard to get??  My wife got hers a few weeks back.  She walked in one of our local gun shops looking for a nice conceal. She was dead fest on getting the Springfield XDM then the gun shop guy put the M&P in her hands and she immediately said "writet it up".. Hers in 40 Cal... i ended up getting the XD and love it.. Both guns are awesome conceal carry weapons.  We havent been to the range yet, Not as easy here in Sacramento... We may try to make it over to one of our 'Wild West' shooting ranges...  or maybe a better term..  Loni Range as in being around a bunch of idiots..  

Difference between the MP30 and the Shield.  I'm not a gun coniseur but as I read, the Shield was just released and they are on back order with waiting lists.  Gun shop owners know whats hot, and generally someone inside would have snagged it....but sometimes being in the right place at the right time is all that counts
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 01:45:14 PM »

Difference between the MP30 and the Shield.  I'm not a gun coniseur but as I read, the Shield was just released and they are on back order with waiting lists.  Gun shop owners know whats hot, and generally someone inside would have snagged it....but sometimes being in the right place at the right time is all that counts

My Bad... her's is not the Shield but rather the M&P Compact. Both guns look identical which made me think hers was the Shield..  I did some reading and the Shield is basically same gun but thiner and lighter and different hand grips.  I called my gun shop and asked if he had them.. he laughed and said he had two and they were sold to two Sacramento Sheriff Detectives before he got them. I guess these are pretty hot items.    :nixweiss:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 04:11:26 PM »

Almost as fun - two!

Just picked up the Governor yesterday, some 410 PDX and a box of AA 410 shot to break it in.

Just saw the review on the XDs compact 45 on Gun Talk the other night and when I got to my dealer he had just put the first one on display. May be the next toy.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »

Sweet Brother !!! I need one also.
DND

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.