Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: New front fender 2011.5 SEUC  (Read 11208 times)

Island Dude

• Island Dude

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
Re: New front fender 2011.5 SEUC
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »

I had not checked site in a while, glad I did today. Had same problem with front fender back in June. Thought it was just bad luck on my part, new fender, installed myself price $860. Just talked with dealer calling MOCO see if I can get a warrant. Need to check site more often, could save myself some time and money, thanks guys.
2010 XL1200X
2008 FLHTCU ANV
2004 FXD

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 12:27:54 AM »

Today everything is complete.

But the beginning starts back at Ribfest 2011.
We came back from Ribfest and I needed to clean the bike so I could drop it off at the Harley shop.
Keyboard Carriers was picking up the bike to go to California that week.
As I was cleaning I found a dent on the front fender. I was sick, but finished cleaning the bike.
The next day I took the 2011.5 to the Harley shop and was lucky the painter I use had stopped by to drop off some work.
I showed Todd the fender and he was like, no problem I can fix that when you get back from California.
The bike was shipped and a couple days later I was on the site and saw this thread,
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=55493.0.
So I called Jim at Metal Dragon and asked him to look to see if there were any wheel weights missing on the front wheel on the 2011.5.
A few days later when the bike arrived in California Jim called and "yes, two of the four front wheel weights are missing."
See picture below.

SBB
i am now a member of the dinged fender club! compliments of mr wheel weight! of course that blue bike is just so fast it just slings em off.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:50:18 PM by smkymtnboy »

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:41 PM »

I was finally able to check for a wheel weight after reading about this problem. Not sure how they did it but no weight up front or residue. Guess I am one of the lucky few.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
wheel weight dinged fender!!! 2011 cuse6
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2012, 09:54:41 PM »

several weeks ago front wheel weight came off and dinged front fender. pretty nasty ding,then hit the lower fairing chipping the paint there also.. proceeded to dealer. dealer says yes thats a nasty ding. we will order you a fender and a lower fairing cap.we will let the rep look at it and let you know. get the call and they say bike is ready. arrive to pick up bike and inquire about the charges and dealer says no charge warranty covered. i want everyone to know this was a very positive experience. MOCO and the dealer Colboch Harley Davidson were great and I think I might just buy another bike from those guys from time to time!!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: wheel weight dinged fender!!! 2011 cuse6
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2012, 10:45:55 PM »

several weeks ago front wheel weight came off and dinged front fender. pretty nasty ding,then hit the lower fairing chipping the paint there also.. proceeded to dealer. dealer says yes thats a nasty ding. we will order you a fender and a lower fairing cap.we will let the rep look at it and let you know. get the call and they say bike is ready. arrive to pick up bike and inquire about the charges and dealer says no charge warranty covered. i want everyone to know this was a very positive experience. MOCO and the dealer Colboch Harley Davidson were great and I think I might just buy another bike from those guys from time to time!!

Glad it was resolved without hassle!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 25 queries.