Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monkey bagger bars Defects?  (Read 2630 times)

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC vivid black...45" sissy bar & 18" 1.5 apes
    • CVO3: 2008 xl1200c bobtail,low riser,gauges,lowered,tuned,fast as hell
Monkey bagger bars Defects?
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:12:40 PM »

:-\ just opened my box of monkey bars...and all looked ok until I looked at the points on the tops where the sharp angles are and...chit...wouldn't you know it..the chrome is not covering the seam and you can feel the sharp steel lip..it's too noticeable and I can see rust forming there soon too...another problem is the bagger nation is really hard to get a hold of....I called last week and I got a mess that they where at a event in Anaheim...today I get a mess saying they are getting too many calls and to leave a mess...I did twice,no return....I just left an email hoping to get a reply soon....my bikes torn down now and I'm hoping this doesn't take forever getting in touch with them....I thought they where a bigger company? I guess not....nothing like waiting for customer service....for days...no less...

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Monkey bagger bars Defects?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »

:-\ just opened my box of monkey bars...and all looked ok until I looked at the points on the tops where the sharp angles are and...chit...wouldn't you know it..the chrome is not covering the seam and you can feel the sharp steel lip..it's too noticeable and I can see rust forming there soon too...another problem is the bagger nation is really hard to get a hold of....I called last week and I got a mess that they where at a event in Anaheim...today I get a mess saying they are getting too many calls and to leave a mess...I did twice,no return....I just left an email hoping to get a reply soon....my bikes torn down now and I'm hoping this doesn't take forever getting in touch with them....I thought they where a bigger company? I guess not....nothing like waiting for customer service....for days...no less...
Very small company and any time they have an event it is a ghost shop which from what I have seen is a lot! Hope you get it worked out I have seen this pop up before  :confused5:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:34:03 AM »

I have the 14 inch ones in black on my CVO road glide and love them.  That said, I was told four weeks to get them and it took 7.

Thinking hard about getting the 14 in chrome for my King.

They are a hard shop to get a hold of.  The did replace a stealth plate frame that had defect in powder coating with no trouble, once I got a hold of them.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:47:49 AM »

they called and said these bars wont work? that I need ones made with a flat for the hyd clutch? i never heard about this on here? their site says nothing about this either? another 4-6 weeks with my bike down? >:( man this sucks....anyone hear about this ? needing custom bars made for the clutch?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »

they called and said these bars wont work? that I need ones made with a flat for the hyd clutch? i never heard about this on here? their site says nothing about this either? another 4-6 weeks with my bike down? >:( man this sucks....anyone hear about this ? needing custom bars made for the clutch?

The bars need to have clearance for the hydraulic reservoir, If you look at the brake side you will see the clearanced (flat) area. This will be duplicated on the left side.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:26:32 PM »

O U C H  :soapbox:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Puck

• Full CVO Member
  • LIVE FREE OR DIE......

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »

i did a quick test fit and they seemed ok....except for the defect...I see the flat for the brake master...but its real slight....the clutch seems to fit ok.. :nixweiss:

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.