Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Current Trade-in Values  (Read 10742 times)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
Re: Current Trade-in Values
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 08:28:03 AM »

after reading all the replys,sounds like keeping the harley and purchasing a 2 year old bmw.may be the ticket.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 08:49:40 AM »

Trade values are all based on the current market conditions, the ancient rule of 'supply & demand'.  I am a GM of a BMW/MINI dealership, I have a little background on this subject but cars are a bit different than bikes because bikes are seasonal and more vulnerable to economics because they are a pure discretionary spend.  This being said, one of the threads stated that a BMW or Honda Dealership will throw a wholesale number on your bike and likely sell it for a profit to a dealer.  Not necessarily true.  Yes, they will get a buy figure from a dealer, depending on the location and market, they may give it a couple of weeks at their store before they wholesale it off.  If someone wants to trade a Harley or a bike in on a car, that's typically what I will do. The problem is the HD dealer giving the wholesale number.  They are going to back it off and try and steal the bike from the dealer, one because their not seeing the bike for themselves, two their not selling a bike so try and steal it and let that dealer make up for it from the profit on their bike.  If your thinking of trading your bike in on anything but a HD, take it to the HD dealer, sell it yourself to them and go with cash in hand.
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »

My dealer is giving me $26K for my CUSE4 with 36K miles.  Last year, I looked at the BMW K1600 GTL when it first came out, and they offered me low 20's.  It was insulting!  I think that the current offer is fair, considering the miles, so I made the deal for a 2013 CUSE8-ANV.

I don't think my dealer's offer would have been significantly higher with less mileage, so no good reason to not pile up the miles.  No point in spending $38K for a trophy bike that sits in a garage!   I can enjoy staring at the bike when the streets are covered with snow, otherwise, it's on the road!

That says it ALL!

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 04:36:53 PM »

Trade values are all based on the current market conditions, the ancient rule of 'supply & demand'.  I am a GM of a BMW/MINI dealership, I have a little background on this subject but cars are a bit different than bikes because bikes are seasonal and more vulnerable to economics because they are a pure discretionary spend.  This being said, one of the threads stated that a BMW or Honda Dealership will throw a wholesale number on your bike and likely sell it for a profit to a dealer.  Not necessarily true.  Yes, they will get a buy figure from a dealer, depending on the location and market, they may give it a couple of weeks at their store before they wholesale it off.  If someone wants to trade a Harley or a bike in on a car, that's typically what I will do. The problem is the HD dealer giving the wholesale number.  They are going to back it off and try and steal the bike from the dealer, one because their not seeing the bike for themselves, two their not selling a bike so try and steal it and let that dealer make up for it from the profit on their bike.  If your thinking of trading your bike in on anything but a HD, take it to the HD dealer, sell it yourself to them and go with cash in hand.
This is all true and good advice...
Alan
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.