Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Diamond Heads LLC  (Read 2106 times)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Diamond Heads LLC
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »

That's one of the issues with this company.  They don't like competition.  Not that they're willing to meet it and compete.  They try to eliminate it rather than compete with it. 

Somehow they patented the use of machine tools.  They patented "diamond cutting."  So what a guy could do with a Dremel with some practice and time is hounded by the company's lawyers if anyone dares advertise they could do it too.  When I found out about this, compounded with the crappy customer service, is when I decided I was never spending another dime there.

+1

there was a guy who had been doing this for years, mymachinist.com, when they came along with their cease and desist orders and the stress of all the legal battles about killed the guy.  there work wasn't as good, nor as cheap, but they somehow conned, er... convinced a judge to issue a patent to this process under the guise of 'extra cooling'.  healthy competition is good, but this cutthroat stuff, not so much.......  no money from me.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »

+1

there was a guy who had been doing this for years, mymachinist.com, when they came along with their cease and desist orders and the stress of all the legal battles about killed the guy.  there work wasn't as good, nor as cheap, but they somehow conned, er... convinced a judge to issue a patent to this process under the guise of 'extra cooling'.  healthy competition is good, but this cutthroat stuff, not so much.......  no money from me.

It is, at least to this layman's understanding, a gross abuse of the patent system.  It's a machining process.  Even with the poor excuse for cooling it's a gross abuse.

It's akin to the idea that someone watched artists put brush to canvas then patented the process of using a brush to put paints on canvas as a process wherein the life of the canvas was improved.  It is, to use different words, chicken chit.  Some might even some unAmerican and cowardly.  Not me though.  I'd stick with chicken chit.

Skillet

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHR Road King
    • CVO3: 1980 FXB Sturgis
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »

Amen to that.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »

i agree wholeheartedly.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

You're kidding right?  The company actually said that crack when asked about their delivery time?

No, they didn't say that. I was just kidding.  That just one of the sayings we have in the hangar when working on aircraft.
Jesus is Lord

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »

It is, at least to this layman's understanding, a gross abuse of the patent system.  It's a machining process.  Even with the poor excuse for cooling it's a gross abuse.

It's akin to the idea that someone watched artists put brush to canvas then patented the process of using a brush to put paints on canvas as a process wherein the life of the canvas was improved.  It is, to use different words, chicken chit.  Some might even some unAmerican and cowardly.  Not me though.  I'd stick with chicken chit.
And to me, anyway, it's akin to the MoCo patent of the terms: knucklehead, pan-head, shovelhead, etc, etc.  since they 'adopted' these terms that were invented & popularized by the customers/riders and not any employees.  They have spent more on lawyers & protection of trademarks than attempts at actually improving the products.  JMHO.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.