Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GoPro Hero3 and Android Smart Phone  (Read 921 times)

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
GoPro Hero3 and Android Smart Phone
« on: November 23, 2012, 10:30:42 PM »

Has anyone used the GoPro Hero3 and a Android Smart Phone? The
Manuel has to be downloaded. That was OK. Could not make the WiFi link between the two work.
Smartphone makes me feel dumb. The camera is in a sealed case. How does it record audio?
What is best mounting place? Handlebars/Helmet /crashguard?
Thanks
Ltamk

hogasm

Re: GoPro Hero3 and Android Smart Phone
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »

Neighbor kid is sponsored by them. He gave me a 2 series one. It came with 2 covers, 1 with out holes for high speeds, and the other one with holes for slower speeds. He hooked it to his phone and showed me how to control everything the phone will do from his phone. You can also see on your phone what the camera is recording.
I hooked it up in our trailer and was able to see from his phone what was going on in the trailer. Now I have to go out and upgrade my phone to an I phone....I have a droid :nixweiss:

I told someone else on here that if they don't know how to do something techy...in his case post a picture...just go ask a 4 year old.....that is what I did. The neighbor kid, not much older than 4, that is  sponsored by Gopro is coming by today to show me how to make the time lapsed pictures I took into a short movie....then how to post them :huepfenlol2:

The kid down the street also races 4 wheelers. His father mounted a gopro on his crash bar and another on his helmet. The picture from the crashbar has alot of vibration in it. The one from his helmet is much steadier....and also shows them where he is looking.

Pewter

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 08:58:09 AM »

The GoPro 2 has a sealed waterproof case which picks up hardly any audio as the microphone is inside the case and then a similar non waterproof case with holes in for when you want audio. Or you can use the camera by hand without the cases. I don't know if the 3 is the same.

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 03:36:37 PM »

Well there was a password to make it work. Goprohero. Guess I will drill hole I case so
Where

Thanks guys
Ltank

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 03:42:49 PM »

even the sealed case picks up sound its just muffled a bit.
have a HERO on my crash bar and it picks up engine and even the radio a bit if i have the tunes cranking
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

UAV Pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 09:44:42 AM »

The new GoPro Hero 3 "Black" will not yet work with their software.  December is when they are scheduled to come out with the new software.
Better to Remain Silent and Thought a Fool, Than To Open One's Mouth and Remove All Doubt......Abraham Lincoln

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 25 queries.