Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: re: 2011 CVO Roadglide Ultra suspension upgrade - HELP!!!  (Read 764 times)

roadrydr

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE (Charcoal Slate and Black Twilight)
re: 2011 CVO Roadglide Ultra suspension upgrade - HELP!!!
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »

I know it's a holiday but really, no replies! No one knows anyone that has tried Progressive Air Draggers on a touring bike?
"If I only knew THEN what I know NOW ..."

ShawnKeeling

Re: re: 2011 CVO Roadglide Ultra suspension upgrade - HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »

No experience with the draggers, but I put the 944 Lows (944-4020UT 944 Series Ultra Touring HD) on my 2011 RGU.  Hated the stock air shocks.  Loved these shocks.  Put them on right before a trip to Sturgis.  Put another 1k miles around town, one and two-up.  Dropped me an inch and I rode excellent with or without the tour pak.  Pulled them off when I took the Ultra back to stock and traded it on the 2013 SERGX. 

My advice would be to stay away from the air shocks unless you've got a show bike you're slamming when you're off it.  The new hydraulic shocks on the SEs are the absolute bomb.  Easily adjustable, no leakage, etc..

If you want to go a more cost effective route, I'll sell you my 944s.  They about 6-7k miles on them.  They're retailing at $760, though you can find them for just under $600.  You can have mine for $450. 

Send me a private message if you're interested. 

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.