Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: ECM OUT of Service  (Read 2378 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: ECM OUT of Service
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2012, 01:01:08 PM »

Sarhan, to answer one of your earlier questions, the MSRP for a replacement ECM is approximately $340 in the USA.  I have no way to know what it might cost in Bahrain however.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »

What was the map installed was it an MT7 or an MT8?   If it is an MT8 the dealer wont be able to read the ECM and believe it has failed.  My question is with a new ECM or swapped one, can they talk to the ECM?   

MT8,However, The dealer can do all of the diagnostics except changing the fuel calibration..
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »

Sarhan, to answer one of your earlier questions, the MSRP for a replacement ECM is approximately $340 in the USA.  I have no way to know what it might cost in Bahrain however.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, new ECM from HD on the way
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.