Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Davidson accessories manufactured in the Communist Republic of CHINA  (Read 2216 times)

GregMan

• ON

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE2

I don't know about you brothers and sisters, but I am sick and tired of HD flogging crap made in China.  The materials and craftmanship sucks and is consistent with 3rd world standards.

I didn't buy a Harley (chosen because it was supposedly made in the USA), to find out parts manufactured in China have made their way into my machine.

I didn't buy Harley gear, to find out it was made in China.  It's not like it is any cheaper price wise.  I can get a handmade custom jacket for the same price as any on the shelf of my local HD dealer.  The T-shirts and jeans are so thin they wear out after a dozen wearings yet they are still $50 and $100+ respectively.

Will I trust a helmet made in China?  Not a chance.  Would I like to buy a HD helmet?  Yep!

I am hopeful this post will find an audience with similar sentiments.  I am hopeful if everyone cut a quick email to HD customer service and stopped buying HD gear until it changes that this practice of profits at the expense of quality and North American jobs will change.  Like I said, it's not like the product is any cheaper in price.  It's all about profits!

Kind of ironic no? that the iconic history of harley davidson motorcycles is tainted by this company's support, through job creation, of a communist regime who to this day is our enemy.  An enemy that wages war on us via cyberspace, political infiltration and its' support for countries hostile to the world like North Korea.

Sorry for being a heavy, but I am pissed.

Have a Merry Christmas my friends and ride safe!!!!

GregMan.
2008 FLHRSE4
2006 FLSTFSE2

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

You're only now figuring this out?   Man, you've been sleeping for a generation. 

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold

Yeah, thats no surprise and thats why I don't own a single piece of clothing with their name ... except for my leather. I only got that because it was a good deal and I've had it for eight years now. The way I see it is they got enough of my $ for my bike that was made in Japan and assembled here ... so why give them anymore? I never did understand why so many people patronize them buying whole wardrobes and such ... They don't give a crap about me so I feel the same about them. I do enough free advertisiing for them everytime I ride my bike.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

hogasm

As P T Barnum said "there is a sucker born every minute"

you have to give the MOCO credit because these same suckers come back for more and more and more and more......

jamnflhxse2

• 1K CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Arrived 12-19-14

:2vrolijk_21:

justplainjim

• Junior CVO Member

They (moco) don't care what you think..

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia

I have the same feelings.  When I bought my first Harley I was disappointed that most of the accessories were Chinese made.  I do have Harley leathers and the only reason I bought the one's I have is because they were (past tense) the only set made in the USA.  I think the only other Harley clothing I have is a single tee shirt.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2

You're only now figuring this out?   Man, you've been sleeping for a generation. 

:sleeping:  :zzz:  :2vrolijk_21:
Jesus is Lord

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member

I dont think Harley ever lied to us here??  Every add i've heard or saw claimed "Built in America" or USA.... Never heard 'Made in America' or USA    :nixweiss:    Many of the aftermarket parts we buy, with exception to parts from Harley, are are made in USA.. That said i betch many of us here, me included, own a Harley 'Made in the USA"   :P

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black

I hope you guys don't think that beautiful 110 engine is made from "American" parts,
cause if you do.........you'll be very disappointed! Every so often the guys at the engine
plant tell me what new parts have arrived from another country. They shake their heads
in disbelief!
The "TAZMUN"

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Re: Harley Davidson accessories manufactured in the Communist Republic of CHINA
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 11:40:35 AM »

I really don't think the bike would cost more if made in the USA. I purchase an American Tug made in Washington state and it was priced the same as a similar China boat. If they can do it why can't Harley?
Bill

GregMan

• ON

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE2
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 01:45:08 PM »

I should clarify.  I would like to buy HD gear, but won't because of the Made in china issue.  Just wish they would make it here is all.
Merry Christmas.

mark

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 08:53:04 PM »

We literally don't manufacture anything in the U.S. any longer...it's not going to change.

Phantom309

• 2014 Ultra Limited
  • Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG- light/dark Candy Cherry-sold
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »

I really don't think the bike would cost more if made in the USA. I purchase an American Tug made in Washington state and it was priced the same as a similar China boat. If they can do it why can't Harley?

Because Mother Harley is too greedy. Just think how much they would charge for stuff if it was all made in the US ... in the end it always comes down to $$.
2014 Ultra Limited*Daytona Blue Pearl
MODS
V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe
V&H FP3 Fuelpak

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 08:52:26 AM »

Because Mother Harley is too greedy. Just think how much they would charge for stuff if it was all made in the US ... in the end it always comes down to $$.

I agree with you...it is all greed on the part of the management.

Harley charges a premium on everything they make.  I think they got drunk on the profit margins they make on the crap from China.  They could make the stuff in the USA and still charge the prices they charge and still make a healthy profit. 

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Page created in 0.361 seconds with 21 queries.