Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gun control  (Read 1160 times)

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
Gun control
« on: January 12, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »

Gun Control!! Gun Control!! Does the Americans really think if we ban certain weapon systems, that all bad stuff will go away!! No what it will do is create a black market like banned drugs for bad guys to now become gun dealers for who ever has the Big $$$ to buy them. The only ones that will lose their weapons is the honest people!! The ones the Bad Guys have or will get will never be recovered!! If we continue to try and change or basis on what our country is founded on we will no longer have a country!

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
Re: Gun control
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »

Gun Control!! Gun Control!! Does the Americans really think if we ban certain weapon systems, that all bad stuff will go away!! No what it will do is create a black market like banned drugs for bad guys to now become gun dealers for who ever has the Big $$$ to buy them. The only ones that will lose their weapons is the honest people!! The ones the Bad Guys have or will get will never be recovered!! If we continue to try and change or basis on what our country is founded on we will no longer have a country!

EXACTLY !!!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 11:14:19 AM »

This would probably be more appropriate on the NRA forum, not this one.  JMHO of course.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mark z

• 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom Candy Cobalt and Twilight Blue
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:21:08 AM by mark z »

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »

This would probably be more appropriate on the NRA forum, not this one.  JMHO of course.

Jerry

I think there are numerous things talked about on this forum that could possibly be more appropriate on other forums, but they still get a lot of attention here. Do we want to " limit" our voices on this site to nothing more than talk about our "CVO"??   Just sayin. Just as an example lets do a search under the topic ---  (do you carry), and see how many of us have responded to that post that probably would be more appropriate on the NRA forum. I think it is nice to be able to mix things up a little. JMO of course

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »

Jerry

This why we have an Off Topic area.
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »

NRA needs your support NOW more then ever, if you like your guns you should join them too keep your rights !!!!!
DND

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 12:15:15 PM »

This would probably be more appropriate on the NRA forum, not this one.  JMHO of course.

Jerry

I agree because the topic will lead to a political rant..  The NRA forum is really where the voices need to be heard and also let me state "if there ever was time the NRA needs your membership,, now is the time.."   :2vrolijk_21:

http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 12:18:38 PM »

It's not exactly the same to talk about what guns one owns, wants to own, or wish they owned, which is what the "Do You Carry" thread is all about.  I don't think you'll find any discussion in that thread about whether a person should own this or that gun.  That's a political hot potato, especially at the present time, and political topics are expressly discouraged on this forum for a reason.  It's just generally not a good idea, and there are social/political media available for those kinds of topics.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »

The crimes are committed by people. It's their choice. Whether it's a gun, or bow and arrow, or fertilizer and diesel fuel, those are the tools they use. Chicago, our current presidents supposed hometown, has the strictest gun control in the country and the most shooting murders. People who overeat know it's their choice what to eat, but should we ban spoons? People who drive drunk and kill other people kill more than handguns do. Do we ban cars? Or alcohol?

What is the reason those things don't get banned? Because the government puts in laws against those so they can make money from them. So the laws for guns is just to make money. Plain and simple. There is no concern from our current leaders about what we do to each other. But while it's the politically correct thing to do they want  to institute stricter gun laws to make more money. If they really cared about human life other than theirs then we would deal with the real problems here and that is the people, not the tool
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 12:21:06 PM »

I think there are numerous things talked about on this forum that could possibly be more appropriate on other forums, but they still get a lot of attention here. Do we want to " limit" our voices on this site to nothing more than talk about our "CVO"??   Just sayin. Just as an example lets do a search under the topic ---  (do you carry), and see how many of us have responded to that post that probably would be more appropriate on the NRA forum. I think it is nice to be able to mix things up a little. JMO of course

other threads are about facts, this is more of a political opinion, and this is not the best place for that.
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.