Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley disc lock does not fit on my Agitators  (Read 1117 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Harley disc lock does not fit on my Agitators
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:54:30 AM »

I'm posting this from my phone so I hope you'll forgive my grammar.

My wife got me the  Harley disc lock for Christmas. She ordered it online so returning it to the local Harley shop is out of the question. I got to ride the bike to work this morning and figured it would be a good time to try out the lock. I tried for about 5 minutes with no luck. Has anyone else been able to use this lock successfully with these wheels and floating rotors?
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
Re: Harley disc lock does not fit on my Agitators
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:18:57 AM »

I had tried the same lock myself on my agitators.  It just doesn't fit those rotors,

I did find a different lock at a motorcycle super pastors in my area.  It has a smaller pin, which fits they the rotor holes easily.

It's this one:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/71/991/2782/ITEM/Kryptonite-Stapler-DC-5mm-Disc-Lock.aspx?SiteID=SLI%7CDisc%20Lock&WT.MC_ID=10010

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 11:25:20 AM »

I'm posting this from my phone so I hope you'll forgive my grammar.

My wife got me the  Harley disc lock for Christmas. She ordered it online so returning it to the local Harley shop is out of the question. I got to ride the bike to work this morning and figured it would be a good time to try out the lock. I tried for about 5 minutes with no luck. Has anyone else been able to use this lock successfully with these wheels and floating rotors?
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Give the Harley lock to someone you do not like and replace it with a --- www.roadlok.com
Then you can watch him lay his bike down when he forgets to remove the Harley lock, moves the bike a foot or so and the front wheel locks up. The bike and rider will come out unscathed, but it will for sure give him an embarrassing moment (don't ask me how i could possibly know this). Your bike, with the Roadlok, will not move an inch if you forget the lock. And you will have no scratches on your bike where the Harley lock slammed against your fork tubes. AND, you need NO place to store that goofy looking Harley lock any longer. Make sure you see the website picture of the Roadlok for the Harley and not the dirt bikes. The Harley version is very very undetectable when installed and looks very nice. I have had mine for three years and I have never been asked about it, as I don't think anyone has noticed it on the bike. JMO
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:37:01 AM by 2harleys »

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 01:16:07 PM »

The RoadLok is a little pricey but it looks real nice. I like the idea. Will have to save up. First time seeing one of those. :2vrolijk_21:
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »

Thanks for moving this DooD.  :2vrolijk_21: I couldn't find all the child boards from my phone this morning.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »

Looks like a nice piece!....only thing I'd like to see is the option to have it keyed to the Harley barrel lock...one less key to carry....and I already have 5 of them....2 with  the TP and  3 with the bike.

I did shoot 'em a note to that effect.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 08:45:17 PM »

Give the Harley lock to someone you do not like and replace it with a --- www.roadlok.com
Then you can watch him lay his bike down when he forgets to remove the Harley lock, moves the bike a foot or so and the front wheel locks up. The bike and rider will come out unscathed, but it will for sure give him an embarrassing moment (don't ask me how i could possibly know this). Your bike, with the Roadlok, will not move an inch if you forget the lock. And you will have no scratches on your bike where the Harley lock slammed against your fork tubes. AND, you need NO place to store that goofy looking Harley lock any longer. Make sure you see the website picture of the Roadlok for the Harley and not the dirt bikes. The Harley version is very very undetectable when installed and looks very nice. I have had mine for three years and I have never been asked about it, as I don't think anyone has noticed it on the bike. JMO
Did you install yours yourself? I don't see it listed for my bike but then again, I'm sure it's the same brakes as the SEUC. I'm trying to picture the install on it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:48:28 PM by Ohiobellboy »

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »

Did you install yours yourself? I don't see it listed for my bike but then again, I'm sure it's the same brakes as the SEUC. I'm trying to picture the install on it.

Bought it from Harley dealer in Florida. They did a free install (free??) which I watched them do. It literally took less than 5 minutes. Just remove right side caliper, bolt on the Roadlok into the caliper holes with supplied bolts, and then mount caliper to the Roadlok with original bolts. Unit is a little pricey--- but so was the bike you are trying to slow a thief from taking.

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »

You should definitely call for fitment with after market rotors

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.