Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: heritage battery replacement problem  (Read 1177 times)

Hop-Sing

• 2007 Road King CVO
    • VA

• CVO1: 2007 Road King
heritage battery replacement problem
« on: May 18, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »

I replaced the battery in a friends 02 heritage now the alarm icon flashes all the time when bike is off ( alarm not set) bike starts and I can set alarm but not being set light flashes and I hear a noise coming from the throttle body when it flashes any ideas?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: heritage battery replacement problem
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 12:16:04 PM »

On an 02 there's nothing extra you have to do before unhooking the battery as there is on the later bikes.  So while it's always a good idea to at least question the last thing was done when a problem arises at the same time it may not be your case this time.  For (easy) starters check to make sure all the signal, running and brake lights are working.  If I remember correctly those bikes flashed the security light if they sensed a bulb out.

Hop-Sing

• 2007 Road King CVO
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:34:46 PM »

UPDATE : I started to pull fuses till it quit ... pulling the alarm fuse stopped the light from flashing but still got the noise from the intake....removing the fuse from the ECM cured it till i turned on the ignition... then removing it again cleared it . does the ignition sw kill all power to fuse panel ? if so why does remove/ replace fix it till you shut off bike ? and if not where should i look ? by the way all lights and bike run fine

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 02:55:22 PM »

Gotta reset the "configuration sequence".  From my '05 manual - Set Ign switch to OFF.  Cycle Ign key ON-OFF ON-OFF ON and press LEFT turnsignal switch TWO times.  Wait for one to three confirmation flashes of the turnsignals and then turn the Ign switch off.  Hope this works for you.  Have to do this any time the battery is disconnected.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

Hop-Sing

• 2007 Road King CVO
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 06:05:51 PM »

I tried that .... got the conformation of 2 flashes of l&r directionals  but still have the problem

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 07:15:17 PM »

Check your Owners Manual - your sequence may be different.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 11:00:38 PM »

As long as the alarm wasn't armed when you disconnected battery power, you don't have to do anything special like the configuration routine.  I've disconnected and reconnected the battery many times and never had the issue you describe, and never had to reconfigure the alarm system after reconnecting the battery.

How fast and for how long does the light flash?  If it flashes once every second, that's an indicator that the battery was disconnected and reconnected while the alarm was armed, or there was a failed attempt to enter the personal security code.  A flash every two seconds indicates the system is armed, and a rapid flash of 3 times per second indicates the system is in personal code entry mode and is awaiting input.

If you think you may have disconnected the battery while the system was armed, try disarming the system and then disconnect the battery for a few minutes, then reconnect the battery.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hop-Sing

• 2007 Road King CVO
    • VA

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »

it flashes like it does on my 07 SERK and I do not think 1 has anything to do with the other but I could be wrong. the real problem is the draw from the throttle body .... every 5 sec. it makes a faint noise like a relay hum and draws almost 1 amp. if I pull the fuse to the ECM and replace it all is good as long as the fuel pump does not come on . I can turn to ACC and off all is still good , I can turn to ON as long as the kill sw OFF and back off still all is good ... but if kill sw is in run and ignition to ON it reverts back to having the problem .
Thats why I was wondering if the Ignition sw killed all power to the fuse panel.   

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.