Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Agitator Air Filter  (Read 1186 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
Agitator Air Filter
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »

If I get one of these do I need to retune? I already have the stock CVO oval one on my 2011 SE Streetglide.

I swore when I bought this CVO that I'd never need to add anything but pipes, tuner and a luggage rack. :nixweiss:
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: Agitator Air Filter
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 01:30:08 PM »

I swore when I bought this CVO that I'd never need to add anything but pipes, tuner and a luggage rack. :nixweiss:

famous last words.  if you look close (not even really that close) there are quite a few things that they 'should' have done.  how about chrome caliper mount bolts?  those zinc ones stand out like a sore thumb.  chrome hardware on the primary, cam chest, etc would have been nice as well.  for those with tourpacks, the upgraded hinges jumps out there....

though, there are less things that need to be added, there is always something that you'll need.

your tune is fine.  while the free flowing units may all have different specs, they all will flow more than your engine needs.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:16:56 PM »

Fortunately my brother gave me a set of chrome caps and bolts for my bike for my birthday last year. Before that I was already making a list of the "non-zinc" pieces I needed.

Thanks for the fast reply!
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

firefighter156

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »

If I get one of these do I need to retune? I already have the stock CVO oval one on my 2011 SE Streetglide.

I would believe a re-tune for just that change isn't necessary.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"

2014 CVO Limited

Buckeye_Tuning

• Mister Dick
  • Banned
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »

That AC is a dog, flow wise.  If the bike was tuned and running fine before, you will definitely be OK.

In reality, swapping ACs around will not necessitate a new tune for each swap.  Changing mufflers or pipes, OTOH, WILL necessitate a new tune for each swap.
Never Ever Forget; Never Ever Forgive

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 07:03:20 AM »

That AC is a dog, flow wise.  If the bike was tuned and running fine before, you will definitely be OK.

In reality, swapping ACs around will not necessitate a new tune for each swap.  Changing mufflers or pipes, OTOH, WILL necessitate a new tune for each swap.
what makes it a dog flow wise? I would have it would be about the same.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.