Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What fitment issues with the Big Radius? (Photos inside, maybe you can tell me)  (Read 3663 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I got a call from my dealer telling me to come up and check out this customers bike....a black and silver Breakout with the Big Radius 2-into-2 for the 2012-13 Softail, the same part # as Z06Pilot.  I went up and checked it out and it looked awesome and sounded MEAN!!!!!  Just for fun, I took a couple of pics to show that there is no fitment issues that I or the dealer saw.....

Overhead shot.....

Oil tank area....

Front frame downtubes.....

Oil line area.....

Swing arm bolt area....

Whole bike!!!!!

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle

Great Pics!
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic

Me likey!  Hope my there's no issue on the 2:1.  Install planned for Wednesday!

The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Layin the Pipe

• Drill baby drill!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Hard Candy Gold Dust/Liquid Sun

Looking forward to seeing how that 2-1 goes. Thinking about putting those on my breakout.
You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! - Davy Crockett

cbdeluxe

• Junior CVO Member

It's great to know people are starting to use the with no problems. Mine have the same clearance so I don't know why they say they will not fit.

Tony007

I have a 2009 CVO springer which has the same ass end as the Rocker and the Breakout.  I also have the V&H 2x2 on the bike. 

My pipes appear to fit differently than the pics shown above.  My pipes are completely parallel and in line with the bike.  The pics above look as though they are angled outward to a significant degree and not running parallel with the bike..

I would venture a guess that my head pipes stick out wider from the engine making them in line with the bike. 

Hope this helps.     

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I noticed that as well....I don't know why, but I have to assume that the bend is a little different for the 2011-13 softail application, and maybe the part number Vance and Hines gave for the Breakout will fix this.

89Speedy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Softail Breakout - Black Diamond & Molten Silver
    • CVO2: Gone but not forgotten: 2011 CVO Softail Convertible - Roman Gold & Maple Metallic

I have a 2009 CVO springer which has the same ass end as the Rocker and the Breakout.  I also have the V&H 2x2 on the bike. 

My pipes appear to fit differently than the pics shown above.  My pipes are completely parallel and in line with the bike.  The pics above look as though they are angled outward to a significant degree and not running parallel with the bike..

I would venture a guess that my head pipes stick out wider from the engine making them in line with the bike. 

Hope this helps.     
Love your CVO Springer!!!
The only difference between a mad man and myself is that I am not mad.  I'm not suffering from insanity, I rather enjoy it.

Superpotminer

• SK

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE

Bike looks great!
Thanks for the pics Nicky.
It would be nice to see and hear these on Youtube.  :2vrolijk_21:
 :bananarock: :mango:

Floppy

Great Pics!
does it for me  like good that see reflectors gone nice

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide

those pipes look great!
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

clubhes

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FXSBSE Breakout, Hard Candy Gold Dust / Liquid Sun

I contacted V & H about these pipes. I asked about putting the pipes made for the Rocker, onto the Breakout.... here is the email response I received;

The official part number is 26065 for the Breakout. The Rocker pipes mount up identically but the o2 sensors are wrong. They are the larger 18mm 90 degree mounted versions for pre-2012. The new Breakout has the vastly improved 12mm narrow band sensors installed at a revised 45 degree angle for a better reading and an overall better tune.
The Rocker pipes WILL work with reducer spacers to fix the o2 sensor discrepancy but the addition of the spacers removes the smaller, narrow band o2 sensor so far out of the exhaust flow that it doesn't get a good read. That could lead to a poor tune and run-ability issues.
Regards,

Dave Gates
Customer Service/Tech Support
Vance & Hines Exhaust

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:56:07 PM by clubhes »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

The ones I took he pics of are the Vance and Hines part #26059, the same that Z06 Pilot used on his Breakout.  Softail frames are the same....the exhaust bolts to the frame and has nothing to do with the swing arm.  I know that in the pics I took, the pipes look like they don't run perfectly parallel, but I went back to the dealer to hear them again and I got a real good look and its not really bad at all.  Harley released a base tune for the Super Tuner and they dyno'd the one in my pics....they are going to put the same pipes on mine with the same map sometime next week.

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 21 queries.