Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Need your feedback about turbulence  (Read 18584 times)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: Need your feedback about turbulence
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2013, 03:44:20 PM »

Since the MoCo's response was that since the wheel wasn't peeling or mis-milled they will not do anything to correct the problem, everyone with this issue should call HD Customer Service at 1-800-258-2464 and open a case with them.  Maybe if they get enough calls, they will do something.  At a minimum, you are covering yourself in case of anything.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2013, 09:23:39 PM »

Know this is an older post, but wanted to share my continuing battle with wind buffeting on my Limited. Got my windshield settled, mounted the front fork baffle, reinstalled the fairing "vents", (helped some), but continued to suffer head/helmet buffeting. No doubt it was coming over the tops of the lowers, then over the tank into my chest area. I could block this flow with my hand. Finally got around the mounting the Road Glide devices that mount on the crash bar underneath the fairing. Geez, what a difference. Completely changed the flow over the tank. Need to be trimmed a little on the corners so the front wheel can be turned to the locking position, and they're not the prettiest accessory, but they make it much easier to tolerate interstate speeds. Never had this issue on my 2003 Ultra, but the dynamics of the new frame, bigger tank and different diameter front wheel seems to have conspired to make this bike a bitch to ride sometimes. I know I'm not the only one to experience this, so I hope this helps. Thanks for listening.      JoeS

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2013, 01:29:52 PM »

After changing out the Chisel wheels on my 2012 SEUC and putting on 18" Agitators front and rear, the bike rides and handles great!  All of the stability issues are gone!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 25 queries.