Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Ride Like a Pro in Colorado Springs  (Read 3784 times)

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
2013 Ride Like a Pro in Colorado Springs
« on: April 10, 2013, 02:41:26 PM »

Ride Like a Pro is in Colorado now!!
I am signing up for a April 21 class in Westminster (Denver area)

Felix Claudio is the owner instructor.  I talked to him today we had a good chat I am jazzed and a little nervous.
Felix is a multiple Top Gum winner from New Jersey.
I am going to cut a mountain bike tire and zip tie it between the knobs to my crash bars.  Felix's idea

Do any of you guys have any tips for me to get ready?  I do have the DVD's and I will watch them again to brush up.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:43:01 PM by RedEagle »
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
Re: 2013 Ride Like a Pro in Colorado Springs
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »

Please provide e-mail and or phone number.  I know of several HOG members who may want to take one of his classes.

Thanks
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:39:26 PM »

So is it in Colorado Springs or Denver?

Might want to remove your saddle bags and tour pack (if it's removable).

Take a look here at the Calif. group taking this course....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=61608.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »

Please provide e-mail and or phone number.  I know of several HOG members who may want to take one of his classes.

Thanks

Master Guns  his web site has the contact info: http://www.ridelikeaproco.com/
Felix Claudio phone is 719-776-9300

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:29:41 PM »

So is it in Colorado Springs or Denver?

Might want to remove your saddle bags and tour pack (if it's removable).

Take a look here at the Calif. group taking this course....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=61608.0

This Ride like a Pro is based in Colorado Springs.  He is comming up to Denver to give this class.

Master Guns

• Senior CVO Member
  • USMC MGySgt Retired (1968 - 1990)

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »

Master Guns  his web site has the contact info: http://www.ridelikeaproco.com/
Felix Claudio phone is 719-776-9300

Thank-you for the info
Semper Fi

You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, but you get old when you stop riding.

20 gauge

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: 07 FXDSE2
    • CVO3: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 06:56:06 PM »

Take your highway pegs and rotate them 180 degrees so they fold down rather than up.  Highway pegs much cheaper to replace than highway bars.  Take class with pegs always extended. Tip comes from RLAP class I took several years ago in L A. Enjoy, even made me a better highway rider.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:06:46 PM »

Use old garden hose cut lengthwise and zip tied to the crash bars. Do not wear loose pants or clothing as they can catch the bars on full lock. Drink lots of water. Momentum is your friend. Commit
Luckily JCZ gave up his spot in the RLAP West Coast class for me years ago as I was Gung ho to go. Many other classes later, practicing full courses with motor officers and having helped teach an RLAP class I owe him much gratitude.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 10:10:32 AM »

Thanks Trapperdog and 20 gauge.
I signed up last night.  I am jazzed!  I have the DVDs for a couple of years and have tried to teach myself but as you guys know it is not the same as a good instructor.  I must admit as I did to Felix I am nervous and I think it is because this CVO is so much more expensive than my previous Road King.  I don't have the slow speed confidence that I had with the RK.

When I was at the web site I saw that they have practice audio mp3s, made to play while you are on the bike and it walks you thru the exercises.  I thought that is cool, I will be able to get out to the church parking lot and practice this Saturday and maybe next Saturday before I go to the class on the 21st.

Guys....Thanks for the tips do you think I need to remove my saddle bags?  I kinda don't think so, it gives place to put my coat and water.

08glide

• 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 cvoseuc
    • CVO2: 08 sg 105 anniv
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »

all this is good stuff. I instruct a class evry spring using the RLAP dvd's, then I show a police rodeo also, along with a msf group riding video. all this just helps us be better riders, & no are bikes handling capabilities as well as our own. Enjoy the course, post comments afterwards. always curious as to responses to course.
ps. I've been involved in mc safety classes since '75 ( usaf ). & also defensive driving instructor for trucking industry. I combine truck safety with RLAP info. using 5 keys to safety defensive driving.
All Good Kids Love Milk!
A - aim high. look ahead 15 secs.
G - get the big picture. be observant of all things around you. look forpotential safety hazards
K - keep your eyes moving. scan intersections for dangers (cars, peds,animals etc). check mirrors to know what's behind you as well as beside you. ( in trucks we scan with eyes - 2 sec ahead,2 sec in left mirr, 2sec ahead again, 2sec to
     right mirror,then back to front 2 sec.) called 8sec rule
L - leave yourself an out. always have a plan for evasive manuever ( even at stop light. leave extra space between you & veh in front of you).
M - make sure they see you.( how much do we need this as riders. always hear how " I never saw him". If they can't see something as big as 65' truck, they won't see you on a bike) try to make eye contact ( still be prepared for
     unexpected, pulling out in front of you, cutting you off, etc.)
 Hope this helps you  a little. Sorry I got long winded & maybe off subject a little. I get carried away when it comes to driver (rider) safety.
TAKE CARE< BE SAFE!! GOD BLESS  
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."  (James Dean)

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 10:40:04 AM »

Guys....Thanks for the tips do you think I need to remove my saddle bags?  I kinda don't think so, it gives place to put my coat and water.
Yes, take you saddle bags off at the class. Bring an extra towel to set them on. Also, show up with a half tank or less of gas, a full tank will just add more head weight. Watch how your instructor snaps his head during exercises. It's one of the keys to successfully transitions. Have fun and try and let go of your old habits! Roger

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.