Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: My install of Dyna Beads... grab a beer but be ready to spit it out laughing  (Read 6596 times)

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B

Pic of my front wheel.  True heavy point at 6 o'clock position...also note valve stem at 4 o'clock
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:00:14 PM by pete_4854 »
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2

Did you spin your wheel several times with it ending up in this position each time?
Jesus is Lord

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

Yes, valve insert and cap also installed.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 07:03:09 AM by pete_4854 »

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4

Can you tell us a little about your static wheel balancer?  Such as cost and where it was purchase located?   I suffered through many premature cupped Dunlop's (front & rear) and like you now have the 888's mounted.  I think your balancing method along with some kind of alignment check would reap huge benefits compared to a dealer installing a tire and sticking on 6 to 8 weights.  Thanks for your input on the subject, I'm a firm believer in doing the important stuff yourself if possible.     

sprinkman

Dyna Beads work well also another good product is Ride-On it will balance along with give you some flat tire protection.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

Can you tell us a little about your static wheel balancer?  Such as cost and where it was purchase located?   I suffered through many premature cupped Dunlop's (front & rear) and like you now have the 888's mounted.  I think your balancing method along with some kind of alignment check would reap huge benefits compared to a dealer installing a tire and sticking on 6 to 8 weights.  Thanks for your input on the subject, I'm a firm believer in doing the important stuff yourself if possible.     

I bought the balancer as part of the No Mar Jr Pro package, but they sell it separately for about $100.  Nice piece and works well.  Check out their website and videos on their products as well as "how to" instructions.  Very helpful.

I wholeheartedly agree, I doubt any dealer checks the wheel before mounting the tire.  Mounting tires usually a job for the lowest paid guy in the shop, at least it is at my dealership.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.