Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Mastertune2 Software Released  (Read 3156 times)

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
New Mastertune2 Software Released
« on: April 12, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »

This newest update of Mastertune2 software now allows the user to store the Original and latest calibration into the interface itself. So as long as you have the interface you will have BOTH the original and latest calibration that is in your bike. It also allows the user to select between manual and Automatic port detection. This was add as a few people have had issues with the auto detection with a Blue Tooth enabled PC. Now you can switch it to whatever works best for you. Lots of other small enhancement that improves the way things work and an update that everyone should move forward too.

Just run your TTS Software Updater program to get the new software free of charge.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Pete

• Full CVO Member
Re: New Mastertune2 Software Released
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 05:31:26 PM »

Hi Steve
I just programed the bike with the Fullsac map two days ago. I just updated the software today so how do I go about loading the maps into the cpu? Is there a set of directions I can use as a guide?
Thanks

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 08:23:55 PM »

For those of you that have a Mastertune2 and want to update and store the files in the interface here is how your do it.

Using Matertune2 restore the Original .MTE file into the bike ECM.
Then use the TTS HD06 firmware updater to upgrade the interface to version 2.3.5.0
Now open Mastertune2 and load the calibration you would like in the bike ECM.
Go to the "Programming Functions" window and select "Update Original MTE Backup File"
Then turn the key switch and Run switch on and <click> "Run Command"
Follow the on-screen directions
When this completes change the setting to "Program ECM Calibration"
<click> "Run Command" again
Follow the on-screen directions

Once this is done your interface will now have both the Original File and last programmed MT8 file store in it.
To check it go to "File" on the main screen and use the "Load tuning file from Interface" selection and you should see the MT8 file there in the interface.

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2007 FLSTN
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 02:25:16 PM »

Steve,

I read in this thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=83931.0 that only the blue TTS can be updated to the v2.3.5 firmware required by the 2.3.5 versions of DataMaster2 and MasterTune2.

What is the difference between the blue and black TTS devices?  I assume the blue one is newer model that the black one.

Does that mean that I must have the blue TTS to be able to save the MTE and current CAL in the device?

Is it possible to exchange/trade up a black TTS for a blue TTS?

Regards,
Tom

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

Steve,

I read in this thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=83931.0 that only the blue TTS can be updated to the v2.3.5 firmware required by the 2.3.5 versions of DataMaster2 and MasterTune2.

What is the difference between the blue and black TTS devices?  I assume the blue one is newer model that the black one.

Does that mean that I must have the blue TTS to be able to save the MTE and current CAL in the device?

Is it possible to exchange/trade up a black TTS for a blue TTS?

The black TTS can be used with the new tuning version of the software....it just doesn't have the memory chips in it to store the MTE file or the last map down loaded. Put your MTE file and map on a thumb drive and keep it with the TTS. I gave all my customers a thumb drive with their tune ups, now I'm glad I don't have that expense anymore.

Regards,
Tom
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 04:48:45 PM »

The black TTS can be used with the new tuning version of the software....it just doesn't have the memory chips in it to store the MTE file or the last map down loaded. Put your MTE file and map on a thumb drive and keep it with the TTS. I gave all my customers a thumb drive with their tune ups, now I'm glad I don't have that expense anymore.

Thanks Doc.  I have the black one and was concerned.  I'm glad to hear that the new application version will still work with it.

I do like and want the capability of storing the MTE and CAL in the TTS though.  Is there an upgrade/exchange path or do I need to pay full fare again to obtain this capability?

I'll be making scheduling an appointment for you to tune my bike soon.  Have a few more mods to complete and waiting for the weather here to warm up some (It seams like winter not going to end this year).

Tom

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

Steve

I have the black one.

I understand the blue one with the new firmware is much more efficient at collecting the vtune data.

Is the improved efficiency available to the black unit (ie dependent on the firmware) or is it dependent on the increased computing power of the blue unit?

Thanks

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 12:14:47 PM »

The speed at which data can be collected comes from several things one of which is the interface and the newer Blue one is faster there. The new software will work with the old black interface just fine as we are no longer going to update the old software but we will keep support in the new software for the old interface. I am sure that some time into the future we will not support the old interface but I have no idea when that may occur.

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »

The speed at which data can be collected comes from several things one of which is the interface and the newer Blue one is faster there. The new software will work with the old black interface just fine as we are no longer going to update the old software but we will keep support in the new software for the old interface. I am sure that some time into the future we will not support the old interface but I have no idea when that may occur.

Steve,

Is there an upgrade/exchange path for owners of the black TTS device (Similar to the OLD SERT Upgrade)?  Or are we required to repurchase to get a blue one?

Regards

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »

It is not something that we have looked into, so I really cannot give you an answer other than get a new one if you want too.

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 05:48:46 PM »

It is not something that we have looked into, so I really cannot give you an answer other than get a new one if you want too.

Steve,

IMHO, I think you should look into this.

You seem fairly certain that sometime in the future you'll no longer support the old interface within the software (exactly when is unknown).

I (and possibly others) would be willing to take advantage of a trade up/exchange type program if one existed.  Personally, I'm willing to pay the hardware cost of the new interface and for it to be locked to same bike as my current black interface now.

While my world won't end tomorrow if I don't have it, I'd prefer an interface that stores that MTE and CAL like the SEPST so I don't need to worry about them or carry them around on a thumb drive.  I also like that the blue interface's speed is greater enabling it to better collect data than the black one.   

If I'm required to purchase new interface for $455 msrp, I might as well stay where I'm at.  When the time comes that the black interface is no longer supported within the software, I can take that as an opportunity to re-evaluate all of the tuners on the market to determine which at that time is the best and purchase it (since no one knows the future, that may or may not be the TTS).

With a trade up/exchange program, you could make a few bucks now and for those that take advantage of the program, make them more invested in remaining with TTS in the future.  I would think this would be better that putting customers in a position to consider whether or not to re-purchase your product.

Just my two cents.  Take it or leave it for what it’s worth. 

Regards,

Tom

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »

IT seems some do not know that we supplied a way for your calibrations to be stored on the Internet

http://www.mastertune.net/repositary.php

This service provided by TTS allows you to place your MTE and final calibration on the internet so it can be downloaded where ever you are as long as you can get on the internet. You can also download all the TTS software on any PC for free from

http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm

Download and install the tts_software_updater file and install it on whatever PC then run the updater to get all the updated programs. This way all you need is your Interface and cables to be able to work on the bike IF necessary.

AS for the upgrade path from the old unit I will see what way they want to go in the future.

HDGearHead

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 09:08:15 PM »

IT seems some do not know that we supplied a way for your calibrations to be stored on the Internet

http://www.mastertune.net/repositary.php

This service provided by TTS allows you to place your MTE and final calibration on the internet so it can be downloaded where ever you are as long as you can get on the internet. You can also download all the TTS software on any PC for free from

http://www.mastertune.net/downloads.htm

Download and install the tts_software_updater file and install it on whatever PC then run the updater to get all the updated programs. This way all you need is your Interface and cables to be able to work on the bike IF necessary.

AS for the upgrade path from the old unit I will see what way they want to go in the future.

Thanks Steve.  I uploaded my MTE file there shortly after the repository was created on the TTS site.  However, I didn't upload my CAL at that time because I recall that the web page said it was for storing the MTE files only.   I just went back and re-read the page and see that it doesn't state this so I don't know how I came to that conclusion (one too many beers).

Thank you for taking under consideration and upgrade path for the black interface.  I will be hoping that your company can arrive at one.

FYI - the name of the "repositary.htm" web page file on the TTS site is mis-spelled (should be repository).     

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 25 queries.