Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dynoed 2013 CVO Road Glide with dyno sheet  (Read 3310 times)

cbtruckin

• Junior CVO Member
Dynoed 2013 CVO Road Glide with dyno sheet
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:46 PM »

Hello,

Been reading all the threads and just wanted to get my baseline numbers.   Bike is 2013 stock except for old style V&H oval slip-ons.  It was done at my local dealership.  Dyno run was done in 5th gear.  Actual barometric pressure was 29.85, theirs says 28.75 to 28.94.  Not sure if that's makes a difference.  I've seen on here where they show the happy dyno numbers.  Just trying to get an idea if this is accurate.

My immediate plans are to install headpipe from 2009 touring with no cats and install my PVC map from Fuelmoto.  I already have all this so it's free to play around with then I can pay $50 to get it redynoed. 

Any thoughts on this plan or the dyno numbers.  Thanks everyone.
Corey

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: Dynoed 2013 CVO Road Glide with dyno sheet
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »

Can't read it?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »

your numbers are in line with a stock 110 with slip ons.   The curve noses over at the right rpm's.  I would think the curves could be a bit better though with smoothing 5 those lines shouldnt be quite so jumpy.   You sure it was a full tune and not a downloaded map to the bike?

If the stack is off they should send it in to get it checked.   How are you comparing the barometrics ... to say theirs was off by about 1.0  

Enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 10:25:43 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

cbtruckin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:32:42 PM »

Unbalanced,

Thanks for the info.  No, it wasn't a full tune.  I have not downloaded the map yet.  That was just stock with the slip-ons.   What do you mean by the "stack is off"?  I don't know what you mean.  I was comparing the barometrics by pulling up the weather on my phone.  Am I wrong in comparing that to theirs.

Thanks again,
Corey 

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »

The stack is a part of the dyno where weather is calculated among other things.   You would want a more accurate checker before you say theirs is off, a lot of guys that race have the portable units that are fairly accurate.   Your bike could run quite a bit better with a full tune, and the numbers will most likely improve a bit as well the jaggedness of the curve would be somethign I would expect to see with smoothing 2 or 3 not 5. 
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:26:41 AM »

Ride it and have fun and forget about the weather station "stuff".
Scott

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »

They weather stack that is used for the dyno is telling you what you have right there at that location at that given time.. The number you look up on line is incorrect it is corrected to sea level..  I double check my stack every time I use it.. Simple hand held unit we also use at the drag strip.

The city  listed is 1051 feet above sea level. The numbers you see on line or even weather channels is corrected.. Hell in Prescott AZ which is 5323 feet EL it showed sea level numbers if you look at a weather channel.. Your baro numbers do not sound out of line.. But it is good that you paid attention to that.. Good catch
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

bikerboy53

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • OR

• CVO1: Razor Red '07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: Red & Slate '10 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 03:28:20 PM »

Not sure how well the 2009 headpipe will work on your 2013 bike. In 2009 they used the "old" large O2 sensors located in the exhaust pipes up near the heads. In 2010 and later (I think) they went to a smaller O2 sensor located down in the collector part of the headpipe near the transmission.

There may be a way to make that pipe work, but just something you might want to be aware of before you switch the pipes.
S&S T124
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
VP-016-340 Centrifugal Clutch kit
S&S PowerTune Duals w/Rinehart Touring Mufflers
Garmin Zumo 660
Bushtec Trailer

cbtruckin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »

Gmr,
Now I understand the difference in barometric,  that whole sea level thing.  Thanks.

Bikerboy,
I'm using a PCV so won't need to use o2 sensors.  Only problem is if I take the PCV off then I gotta use
Original headpipes again.
Thanks

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 05:47:57 PM »

Gmr,
Now I understand the difference in barometric,  that whole sea level thing.  Thanks.

Bikerboy,
I'm using a PCV so won't need to use o2 sensors.  Only problem is if I take the PCV off then I gotta use
Original headpipes again.
Thanks

Why would you want to use a headpipe that did not utilize the O2 sensors?  Even if they are the narrow band stock sensors?  You are defeating the entire purpose of that expensive ECM that Delphi makes for Harley, and more importantly defeating the ability of the bike to make small some types of adjustments to the engine running parameters.  There is nothing WRONG with using the O2 sensors with the right tuner and tune.  Sticking a map in the ECM that takes the bike out of closed loop operation (where you run 90% of the time) is old school and unnecessary, IMO.  If you're running at wide open throttle all the time, then it won't matter, but I seriously doubt that you're doing that.

My suggestion is the purchase of a new headpipe from Fullsac...their XD pipe, or one from Fuelmoto.  There is no reason at all to search for a 2009 headpipe for your new bike.  If you don't want to buy a headpipe, just remove the stock pipe and gut the cat.  With a proper headpipe and a good tune, you will get numbers in the 112-115 TQ and 94-98 HP range, give or take, plus the bike will run a bit cooler, will have better throttle response, and will just generally be more enjoyable to ride.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

cbtruckin

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »

Midnight Rider,

Thanks for the info.  I still have my 2009 headpipe and PCV from my old bike, so that is free.  My understanding is the PCV does not need o2 sensors unless you run the auto-tune.  I ran the PCV on my 2009 and removed the o2 sensors because it said too.  Bike ran great.  I'm just starting with this setup for now.  Yes I'm going to get a new headpipe in the future.
Thanks,
Corey

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 07:04:59 AM »

Some mixed info going back and forth.. Closed loop has the 02 sensors returning information to the ECM.. 18 MM and 12 MM .. To use some tuners they take the bike out of closed loop which can or cannot be an issue.  As one pointed out that's where you ride.. Ok so if the sensor and map that's in the SCM want to target 15.5 that can be hard on the engine and toast your legs.. Adaptive fuel can alter a "tuned" map back to who knows what.. Some tuners will run a smaller area in closed loop or .10 tenth out of closed.. If you later this by that small amount the AF will not be an issue.. Now that is provided the tune is correct. but to allow the system to do the job is just as large a gamble.

You have a PCV  great .. its like brain surgery with a chain saw.  As well it WILL damage the ECM pins.. This has been an ongoing issue with that item. They know it but do nothing about it.  If you have not plugged it in don't.. You spent big cash on the 13 CVO and I would not go cheap on the tuner.  GOOD LUCK..  :)
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2013, 09:07:07 AM »

86 HP and 110 ft lbs of torque?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2013, 09:30:07 AM »

Rio,

That is right in line with a stingy Dynojet Dyno, there is a little more in his as well, but until it gets fully tuned he wont see all of it.   A friend of mines dyno did 3 x 2012 SE Street Glides for a family that bought one in each color for the father and 2 sons who do frequent this site.   They ranged from 86-93 hp and 108-110 torque.   If memory servers me the Orange one was the fastest, but that is just what I remember.    :huepfenlol2:

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.